Wet weather and the AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marvelharvey, Feb 27, 2014.

1. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Knowing that it's a work in progress, I rarely make use of rF2's rain. However, I'm currently capturing some race videos and thought some wet weather could spice up what have been predominately dry races so far. This wet weather attempt has raised some questions/observations…

-Am I correct in thinking the AI always starts on dry tyres? They all peeled off into the pits at the end of lap 1 for some reason.
    -Even though I think they were all on dry tyres, they seem to be able to drive full at speed in the wet, without needing to take care
    -The rubbered in line, which I expected to be relatively slippery in the wet, seems to have normal grip levels
    -I was able to ride kerbs and over white lines without the severe loss of traction I was expecting
    -It only seems to take one car to drive through a corner once to create a dry line (I guess this is related to real road speed)

Searching the forums for some answers, I only found posts from 2012 with similar observations and ISI stating "It's on the to do list, but no ETA"

Which leads me to two questions
    -Is there a way of telling the AI to use the right tyre so they don't all come in on lap 1?
    -Have the above wet weather points been fixed/adjusted/looked into and it's simply my lack of wet weather experience that's clouding my judgement? I suspect the later.

Anyway, back to capturing races with the latest build :eek:

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Racing line dries up pretty fast (just few cars and it's dry). This is why I don't even bother racing in the rain. I consider wet weather in rF2 to be a tech demo / test version of a feature, not actual useable feature.

This could also be the reason why AI gets confused or drives at different speed than expected - the tech is not there yet and it would be pointless at this stage for the AI to understand this real road feature fully.

3. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Yeah, after a little more experimenting I can see it's probably best to leave these rain-race-capture-videos until another day.

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

THIS!