Wet road reflections and 1.01

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BazzaLB, Aug 20, 2012.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

As sated in another thread, I don't have any reflections on the road when its wet. Does anyone have Wet road reflections in build 1.01 with Ati video card?

If so, what card and drivers are you using?

Cheers

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep, HD7850, 12.8 drivers

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Have you enabled road reflections?
    Attach your in-game gfx settings (as screenshot for example)

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Have you enabled road reflections?
    Attach your in-game gfx settings (as screenshot for example)

Also note that reflections appear after some time after starting a session.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Hmmm, on closer inspection, i do have wet road reflections, but they seem much more subtle than some of these screenshots. Anyway, I am happy enough. Thanks for the feedback.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It does depend how wet the road is. If the water is still penetrating the surface rather than sitting ontop, you may not get reflections. If there is too much rainfall, the track is very wet, you will.

8. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Yes if you create a session with the heaviest rainfall you should notice the reflections more than you will with just average rain.

9. McNolo

McNolo Registered

The track reflections don't work in Developer mode for me, but is only one of many errors that have the build101 in developer mode.

The plugins for Max have errors, the track reflections don't work, the car textures also have errors, the billboard look different that in Single player" mode and his shadows are flashing. Also, the rain is still not visible in Developer Mode, there is no way of knowing if work well the no rain zones, we have to leave and enter in "Single Player" mode to view it.

I thought the beta was for developers, but this part is not receiving too much attention... or that is what it seems.

The build101 has been a regression for the developer mode and in these circumstances it is very difficult to create content or make conversions.

Regards.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Again further proof that RF2 is trying to get as slose to the real thing as possible!

Seperation of Skins, Sounds, AI stuff etc is whats concerning me personally, there was talk ages ago from ISI about changes but nothing yet.
    Also as its Beta then you have to expect it to be difficult to get a mod in game as changes happen every update that could render your previous work null and void. If you're eager to get your content or conversions in game then I suggest you simply wait for Gold then begin, otherwise you'll only be left disappointed if an update screws up what you've previously worked on!

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Quick note: Build 101 doesn't mean "1.01". Build number != version number, they're two totally different things.

12. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

Hi

I have a problem with the wet road reflection and I think in build 1.01 its broken

I can set the weather fro full storm with 100% chance if rain and leave it for 5 laps and there will be no reflection - can see the rain hammering down but zero reflection

I have road reflections set on in the menus :)

Can someone post a screen with 1.01 of what they are seeing

(note in earlier builds road reflections worked fine on my system --- however in very early builds the car reflections were very lights but has since been fixed)

Thanks

13. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

ohhhh - just seen post 5 --- this with build 1.01????

IF so, I'm not getting that

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's because it's hammering down, as in real life reflections are easier spotted on still water/roads, when it's raining the rain drops distort the reflections a lot so you don't get as much. Set the weather to hammer down then 0% for the next script, use time accelerate to speed things up then you should see better reflections.

15. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

OK - they are there but nothing like the screens in post 5

I can barely see them - seems like the same issues in the early builds with the car reflections (maybe graphics card driver? using 301.42 Nvidia driver)

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

are you viewing from cockpit or other cams? I notice they show up better when using the Track Cams and having a look about. There have been problems with the windscreens in previous builds so *maybe* that has something to do with it.

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes, those screen shots are from the latest build

This is what I have done. Set heavy rain, then just cloudy, accelerated the time and went out fast! Note that you need to go out fast as when the other AI cars starts lapping and rain stops, the tracks dried very very fast (is this a bug!? don't know but road dried very fast)

I have all settings to ON and max and HDR and FXAA ON and Anti Aliasing set to None. Video card is ATI ASUS 7970 DirectCu II 3GB GDDR5 with latest drivers.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Weather/RealRoad
    ================
    -Groove build-up and track wetness/drying happen at an artificial, accelerated rate.

:)

19. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

There is no such thing as "build 1.01". Version numbers and build numbers are two totally different things.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They seem to be matching up now. B107 and v1.070 I think.