Welcome Message plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Tygernoot, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Right, guess I stuffed something up. I likely made a small code change after testing it, thinking it to be an improvement, aaaand I actually broke it lol.

Configured a few AI drivers and myself:
    welcome_0.png

This is the dedicated window, but those class names don't correspond to the ones in-game:
    welcome_1.png
    (As mentioned above, the plugin spits out the class names from in-game, not the ones in the dedicated window.)

When joining, it now applies the penalty:
    welcome_2.jpg
    First to my class "1976" and then overrides it with my driver "Tygernoot".

For other drivers not in the DriverMass list, it only applies it for their class "Skip_Barber_National":
    welcome_3.png

Hope I got it right this time :p

(And bloody hell, why is hosting in rF2 such a pain. Took me a lot more time setting up those VM's and creating the mods than actually writing the code :confused:)

http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/WelcomePlugin_2.3.1_x64.zip
    http://www.tyka.net/racepad/downloads/WelcomePlugin_2.3.1_x86.zip

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Many thanks mate. Works perfectly now. Awesome job as per usual.

**EDIT**
    Have now tested with a number of cars and is working flawlessly.:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Tygernoot likes this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Interesting, the game takes the "Class" from the "Category" in the .veh file rather than "Classes".:confused:

4. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Yeah, no idea why that is... nor why the other class value isn't exposed in the plugin.

If that's something that can be added to the plugin interface at some point, I can also update the plugin to use the different class. Not sure which one is the better/preferred option to add weight penalties?

At least glad it works now in its current state :). I'll update the first post later on.

nonamenow likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It would be better if S397 could change it so the game uses the "Classes" rather than you having to change. The only prob is cars like the Datsuns and Toyotas all have a class called "Fictional" but these can be left out of the vmod so not a game breaker.