Weird FFB with G27 wheel & included Demo

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by burgermeister, Feb 23, 2011.

1. burgermeister

burgermeister Registered

Got a G27 wheel, running included demo. FFB is nonexistent at low engine speeds, at higher speeds it is there but does not make sense re. what the car / track is doing. Also the ratio seems quite messed up - takes 1 full rotation of wheel to get maybe 45 degrees of "computer" wheel rotation. Wheel works great with iracing. Any odeas what might be causing this?

2. killdrums

killdrums Registered

Berg!Check my posts......Noel helped me out with his suggestions!(they work)And dont forget to get the G27 update and then you dont have to set FFb to a Neg- anymore(and the lights work).Kill

3. killdrums

killdrums Registered

You absolutely have to have the wheel set to negative. If you don't have it negative then when the wheel is trying to return to center it actually pushes all the way to the left or the right. The wheel will fight hard to not center. I don't know why you can't recover a slide by turning into a slide though. I would suggest deleting (or maybe simply rename) your controller.ini file so that a new fresh one is created. Then remap your controls. Then open the INI file and set this line:
    "FFB steer force output max="0.00000"

Then make sure the FFB slider in rFactor is set to -100. Then install the RealFeel plugin using these defaults:

Code:
    [General]
    RealFeelIsOn=True
    ConsoleEnabled=False
    ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
    SpeechEnabled=False
    KeyRepeatDelay=0.100000
    SteerForceInputMax=11500.000000
    FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=50
    MinSpeed=0.000000
    LogEnabled=True
    DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
    DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
    DefaultSmoothingLevel=0What mod are you using? I may be able to suggest some RealFeel settings.

Another thing you could do is install ISI's G27 fix which you can download here:
    http://downloads.rfactor.net/rFactor_G27Update.zip

It is just a new rFactor.exe made just for the G27 which adds support for the shift lights and also reverses the FFB so you no longer need to slide the FFB slider to the full left anymore.

4. burgermeister

burgermeister Registered

Thanks killdrums!

Seems to be working now. I installed it from scratch, added the realfeel plugin and the g27 update. I'll try your realfeel settings if I can figure out where to set them ... rfactor seems like it's a bit more involved from a user point of view than I am comfortable with (or have sufficient knowhow for).

Again, thanks!

5. braydon.wilson7

braydon.wilson7 Registered

Hello friends
    If you don't have it negative then when the wheel is trying to return to center it actually pushes all the way to the left or the right. The wheel will fight hard to not center.
    ================================
    web design