Weird crash in VR

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ATQ, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ATQ

ATQ Registered

I've been having issues with my Quest 2 since the latest update from Oculus. They've been issues with display artifacts, charging and connection losses through USB. Rfactor 2, however, has shown no issues... until now.

The point of this thread is to ask you guys if you think this could be a problem with Rfactor. Maybe you've experienced something like it or have a clue as to what's the matter here. My guess here is that it's a problem with the headset, but I'll ask anyway.

So, the problem is I've suddenly gotten these crashes - twice now. I have not had the same crashes using a regular display (though I haven't tested much since the display is off to the side of the rig - a bit challenging to drive that way). What happens is that suddenly the headset start strobing and the steering wheel tries to rotate with full force. You get a quick glimpse of the strobing in the video, but it actually goes on for longer - until I shut off the headset and wheel.

Here's the video:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Judging by the sudden temperature spike on the tyre HUD graphic, and the large negative numbers displayed next, I'd be more inclined to suspect just a game or mod crash.

3. ATQ

ATQ Registered

Good observation! I did not notice the heat spike and extreme values afterwards. That certainly indicates it's a problem with the car/mod.