[REL] WeatherPlugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stefan_L_01, Dec 14, 2017.

1. As I am currently fiddling around with the plugin and have gone through most of this threads posts I like to add a link concerning access to named pipes in Windows - as I am not that familiar with Windows, it may be handy to those using Windows server as well as using Windows home or pro editions.

Microsoft article

I do not know if it is still an issue, but using regedit I found out that access restriction is enabled (on my system) and so I added the names of the named pipes (rf2weatherplugin<ID>) to NullSessionPipes parameter.

2. Just a question in between ... as far as I know it is said, that track temperature cannot be changed by any plugin and it has not effect on tire performance / grip - is this still right? Or am I wrong? If last - what do I have to do to have track temperatures being adjusted according weather?

3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Track temps doesn't get affected by any plugin, with the exception of track temp falling when it clouds over.

When it comes to the effect or lack of effect, I have no idea.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

From the Real Road 2.0 release info:
    Simply put, our track surface (on all tracks) now has an element of dynamic functionality, where the surface temperatures, and thus the behaviour and levels of grip they give up, will change and can be influenced by varied factors. These temperature changes can be influenced by things such as geographical location, cloud cover, time of day, ambient temperatures and heat transfer from cars running over the surface of the tarmac.

5. Thanks for the hint - was not aware of the rr2.0 release info.

Does somebody know if the real weather plugin supports real road 2.0 in that way (influencing the track temps)?

I think (but not sure) I have seen how track temp was near 40°C on one of our servers as some drivers were online yesterday (I think it was Jerez), but I might be wrong.

6. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Then add cloud cover, with same air temp, and you'll see track temp gradually falling ;)

There's no specific track temp override in the weather plugin.

7. Another question ... if I have two servers running with the same UID in custom variables json and the same track, will this work? I will check this later on, but maybe someone already has checked it.

This would limit / reduce API calls to e.g. openweathermap ...

8. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

It will.

I've just gotten friends to sign up and give me API.

Corti likes this.
  9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hi, sorry if it was answered before, I can't find anything in the post nor in the readme. Is there a way to save history of the weather? I checked the "log" checkbox and activated the paremeter LOG in custom variables json, but I only see a file in rf2 root folder that seems to be a technical log of the plugin, not the weather history.

Thanks!

10. F3n3k

F3n3k Registered

Hello,

Is it possible to use it in solo mode ?

Thanks a lot

11. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi guys,

i´ve got an problem since changing from ClimaCell to OpenWeatherMap. Before it worked well, but since the change not. I´ve created an account on OpenWeatherMap, created two keys and I have signed up for the "free plan". I´ve copied my key(s) into die Box for API Key, but get the information "webquery failed ... (401) not authorized".

Can someone give me an hint, where´s the problem?

Thanks a lot an best regards,

Dobbie

12. F3n3k

F3n3k Registered

This mod is dead...

13. Chris M

Chris M Registered

I managed to get the OpenWeatherMap API to work by subscribing to the One Call API within OpenWeatherMap. This gives you 1000 free API calls per day, but then charges you per API call thereafter.

14. jonno

jonno Registered

out of curiosity but i take it live weather dont account for track temp or is my plugin broke lol as my track is allways above 40

15. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

As I understand it, track temperature is now more dynamic and takes into account track location in addition to ambient temperature and amount of sun vs clouds.

16. Flipo

Flipo Registered

To take into account the temperature of the track, you must have the "Real Road Temperatures" in "Generated"
    [​IMG]

17. Pasquale Genchi

Pasquale Genchi Registered

If anyone's interested this plugin works in Le Mans Ultimate as well, the only downside is that it doesn't grab the coordinates on its own, you have to add them manually.

Tested with the tomorrow.io API (which, to my understanding, is the former ClimaCell V4, that is what I selected in the plugin) and it's working offline.

The OpenWeatherMap API was giving me issues, I kept getting the error 401 despite having a key from the free plan with an account that had already been activated

Corti likes this.