Wasted 1 week with tweaking my system.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by samuelkorthof, Jan 25, 2012.

1. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

I got rid of my stutter by editing the player file with the replay to memory setting set to "1"
    giveit a try you never no your luck
    Cheers
    Gubba

2. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

gubba will try that one tks

3. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

Pretty sure i am going to have to wait for the next update to get rid of stutter or buy a new machine.... and that is not going to happen
    I have spent countless hours chasing the fix as well with no real improvements.... don't take this wrong I am not bitter just wish I had more skills and could solve this. when it is right it is great so i am looking forward to racing rf2 for a long time..

4. Pits

Pits Registered

After reading this thread I'm left mostly with the thought, "you can't see more than 30fp" I never heard so much dribble and there were even differing opinions on it. Look at your screen when its 30 and then again every 10 up from there, it seems to go smooth at 50-60 but at 200 you have a buffer for when things happen that can drop you down and that's why we need 200+ and I have upgraded to SLI just for RF2 (as advertised).
    What I'm finding disappointing is much is said about the finer points but nothing major is addressed and the best answer Ive seen is from the PR guy who says "Yes you can always get a refund", hopeless and frustrating, how about "we are addressing many issues including the terrible SLI and frame rates and here is an expected new build date"

Yes it's a beta and personally I'm happy about it right now and enjoying every moment but the dismissive way these threads are treated is almost disgraceful.

5. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Because unfortunately an unruly bunch will treat any expected new build date as gospel and want the developers hung drawn and quartered if it doesn't arrive on the "expected" day and then say how they love rFactor and don't want to go anywhere else!

Not that this forum is special, the "sim community" are pretty renowned for playing the hard done by consumer when it suits them and wanting a cosy developer/enthusiast relationship at other times.

6. Pits

Pits Registered

7. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

SLI

anyone who thinks its OK for ANY form of public BETA to not support SLI out of the box is frankly, a moron.

can you imagine if the pre-release BF3 beta (which btw, was FREE) didnt support SLI? people wouldve dropped it quicker than a bag of crap and a lot of customers wouldve been put off, lost to MW3, etc.

ISI/rf2 needs to get its act together in a huge way. their attitude STINKS. and WIP photos and commentary since 2010? come on just get the game out already, we're all becoming WAY over it and will just go elsewhere. I love rf1 and been long term support of ISI but being told recently to 'just click refund button' if i dont like no SLI and honestly, the released beta does not have anywhere near the graphics quality of the posted screenshots.

its all getting a bit...yawn.

I spent $800 upping my gfx and bits and pieces (g27 etc) specifically FOR rf2. Im quickly realising that was stupid and I should just enjoy my new hardware on games, that work.

Cmon ISI...prove me wrong and make me extremely happy and get this out and working already. its already feb 2012 after 7+ years and initial reports of Q4 2011 release...im desperately hoping rf2 turns out to be 'all that' because i love the game really. just really put off and annoyed by ISI attitude in an email and on the forums. not impressive. i guess they get paid too much money by the formula 1 teams for sims/car modelling and dont give a flying toss about consumers. this is only being made so gfx are put into rf pro lets face it. I have been left with a bad taste in my mouth and the definite impression they couldnt care less about my custom. do they even realise i run a company in aus that sells racing sim setups ?? and that ive been waiting for rf2 as many customers are complaining about the graphics in rf1 vs forza 4 and asking for console based sim setups!?? noo. they just treat me like dirt and say 'just click refund'.

its almost like ISI consider the beta a pure mod-testing release. in which case i ask why bother with game engine. why risk putting people off with incomplete everything? why upset people that have paid but cant get more than 30fps (on dual GPU cards and high end quad core systems). why not even mention that you should disable SLI as its not working right yet? WHY. If its the test mod system, release the game, launcher, menu, etc. TO registered modders. but a publicly downloadable beta im sorry no matter which way in your head you try to spin its clear everyone hanging on for the game release downloaded it hoping to play. period. the end. doesnt matter what text you put around the link. hellooo. lol. I hope this gets fixed with a better more complete release soon because im truly a bit worried. cmon ISI you are so fng good coders do a bit of work on the PA and Media / release versioning/marketing. because i would eat my own words so happily, I am DYING for the release version as you may be able to tell. and im dying to build some sims based on it, but i need multi monitor, i need SLI, i need the engine basically....id rather see a beta release with perfect working engine and a patchy sound engine or no online yet or something like that. ISI physics are simply the best ive ever felt in any game, ever. cmon guys....let me love you again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  8. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

You do realise that RF2 BETA was released more for the benefit of mod makers than anybody else, right? That is why you are not using your multiplayer subscription until the RF2 goes "gold" when the development team are happy that most/all serious issues have been resolved.

So, given that RF2 is still a work in progress that ISI have kindly offered to let us try what they have so far and will give us updates and and when they are ready to do so, why were you in such a rush to buy computer upgrades right now? I suspect a lot of us, including myself, are planning at least a graphics card upgrade to enable us to run RF2 in all its glory... But until the sim has gone gold having been optimised, none of mere mortals know what spec machine will be needed to say run RF2 at 1920x1200; max detail with anti-aliasing and HighDynamicRange; in a 30-car field in monsoon conditions etc.

9. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I think you are confusing stupid with moron... ;)

10. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

"anyone who thinks its OK for ANY form of public BETA to not support SLI out of the box is frankly, a moron".....Just what planet are you from???? this is a BETA!!!! Any beta I have ever tested did NOT have all the features enabled....and as a beta tester you are there to ENDURE all of the change cycles. If you do not like it...get a .....wait for it...... REFUND!!!! Freakin Skyrim SHIPPED without SLI support...and Bethesda is a lot bigger than ISI (I presume) so maybe just quit calling anyone here a moron until you at least look in the mirror.... ;)

11. djt

djt Registered

If the game engine (rendering engine) that rFactor2 uses is still primarily CPU dependent then what good are multiple GPU’s going to do for performance?

12. Pits

Pits Registered

Will rFactor 2 support multiple CPU/GPUs?
    Yes to both.

Has triple screens support been improved?
    Yes. We now also support nVidia 3D vision and virtual screen angles can be adjusted

Asked and answered, I see the words "yes" and "we support" are used in the Now not the Future, you have to forgive a person that actually thought that "Now" meant Now and not in the sometime future, this is why some of us reasonably bought our second cards "Now"

These words in this order were correct to say without other understandings applied to them, no matter how you think you can look at the situation.

Give us our 3 Screens and SLI please or a simple sentence stating an update that may or may not be coming.

13. Rafael Medeiros

Rafael Medeiros Registered

After 5 days of almost quitting RF2 just one setting made all the difference for me.Windowed mode!!!!
    I was going nuts because I could have 13fps starting a race alone or 90fps without changing anything(without exiting the game).With AI cars it was worse.During the race it could go from 15fps to 250fps and back to 30fps in few seconds!!!
    With a core i7 2600+ radeon 7970 + 16gb ddr3 ram+ 120gb SSD I was expecting a lot better performance.Tried all possible combinations of settings(ATI drivers+ in game settings). Even in the lowest settings problem would show up.
    I was about to quit it when I tried windowed mode and to my surprise It solved all the problems and better ,it runs full screen!!!

14. Pits

Pits Registered

Windowed mode seems to help a few people but this of course can't be done for 3 screens

15. BasJon

BasJon Registered

lmao nice driving there man, I was laughing my head off here watching you looks great on the 3 monitors I may have to make that my next upgrade, what wheel are you using there :)

16. Pits

Pits Registered

I'm sorry was the above post put up to show this problem has now be fixed by ISI!, as you say, this sounds brilliant, Can you please lead us to the HOW or WHERE, thank you.

Not to be sarcastic here but I have had over 120fps my self and that took about 10 minutes to do not two weeks but what I ended up looking at was not what it shows on the box.

17. Andreas Vesterlund

Andreas Vesterlund Registered

Hmm, dunno were to post this. So ill post it here :)..
    First post!

However, ive been tweaking just about everything now, read everything on here i think and i have done the flush thingie, replay, set everything to lowest settings etc.
    I manage to get around 45-50fr but stuttering is still the same.

My specs are:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4000+@2,10GHz 2048MB
    Windows 7
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1781MB
    2gb RAM
    Direct x 9.0c

Do i have to upgrade my system?
    Hmm, now i notice low RAM, maybe that could solve things?

18. BasJon

BasJon Registered

my pc has 8 gigs and when i check in task manager when game is running I can confirm its using just over 2 gigs of my ram, and I never get any lags or stutters here although my pc is very high spec :)

19. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

Did you use v-sync? Based on your specs I think your system is outdated for this BETA. Don't update though until its past beta fase if you want to update for rf2 only.

20. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

How is it that I spent the first half of my sim racing days on an old PC, usually getting around 20-25FPS in all games and still managed to enjoy it?
    Yet some people these days complain when it hits 30 now...

I also don't understand how some people with technically higher specs than mine can have lower FPS and apparent "Stuttering" than me.