Want to "Just Race"?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Woodee, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I didn't see this before, but looks interesting!

https://www.justrace.net/

No, I am not getting commission for sharing this link, I just found it from SRFL and thought I'd share to those interested in this vision.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Saw a RaceRoom post on Facebook about this, 3rd group offering the same kind of service for sims, now this is becoming too much already, none of the previous services actually get the amount of people we'd expect and then more appear to split the player base between them, oh well...

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Will :)

So like we spoke already, it is going to be much more than how you put it, " same kind of service for sims".

We will be adding and supporting the following:

01. Support for all major games, including rFactor 2, Automobilista (and all other Reiza Games) and Project Cars. We already support Assetto Corsa and Raceroom experience
    02. User can create their own session. That means that you can choose the cars and track you want and start a server and race with your friends.
    03. Apart this, the system will be smart enough to know what users are racing on (track and cars) and will automatically create these session on the fly creating and starting servers by itself
    04. User can go online see what others want to race or are racing and join together. Or just subscribe to a session in advance.
    05. We have and are developing tools to save all your telemetry data. You will be able to dig into this data through graphs and grids, compare data to previous laps/sessions etc
    06. We also have a dashboard tool which you can run on any device of your liking. One can create his custom dashboards.
    07. Apart from telemetry we also generate and save statistics for you
    08. All laps are also saved, with lap times, sector times etc and these displayed through a Leaderboard and on your dashbaord
    09. We are generating Ratings for session that run on our servers
    10. Our client tool allows drivers to chat and share setups. You can also send setups to your mates even when they are offline and they will automatically get them. Users will also be able to share, search and download setups on the portal
    11. We will be adding Live Timing and Track Maps to all of our servers
    12. We will be adding League Management, were communities will be able to create their private leagues, configure everything (tracks, cars, points dates etc etc), servers started automatically on race day and also servers for training.
    13. We will also have Special Events, where special sessions are scheduled twice a week or so. These can be driven by the community themselves and not dictated by one...

and honestly, we have so many ideas that the list will never end...

So no dear Will, we will be offering much more to the racing community as we ourselves love sim-racing and want to give the best.

As you know, we have already started the project and is in its Alpha stage. Some things are already live, as you can see yourself at https://www.justrace.net , some other things are in still in development and others are in planning stage.

Though as you can imagine, this is a huge project, its just 2 of us and we both have full-time jobs. So we work on this when we get some free time (which is also very limited as we have wife and kids!)

But anyway, if you like this project and want to see it grow, especially for rFactor 2 and Reiza Games, then support us with the KickStarter @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/justrace/multiplayer-platform-for-racing-simulations-justra

Cheers
    B1K3R

Follow us on:
    https://www.justrace.net/
    https://www.facebook.com/Justrace.net
    https://twitter.com/justrace_net

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

The idea of a racing platform for rF2 which could help drivers better organize for races is interesting.The lack of online activity is killing this game.

However, if it can be done by two persons working full time and with a family with a 2000 € funding...
    Why doesn't ISI do something to enhance multiplayer?

This makes me wonder wether you are being too ambitious or wether ISI is skipping easy to implement features that could boost online activity.

I don't know what to believe. I'll follow this project with both interest and skepticism

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I know and in fact rFactor 2 was my inspiration to start this project. I love and miss rFactor 2 so hopefully it will work for rF2 as well once ready

Very good question and I have no idea. We will try to fill in this gap.

Not ambitious at all. The system has already been tried and proven (technically) with Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience. Having said that, we initially wanted to include rF2 as well but we hit a problem with how rF2 works and could
    not automatically configure and start rF2 servers like I can with AC and R3E. And to my disappointment, we even asked here how we could do it, but again we did not get any support or feedback from ISI. Hopefully they will at some point.

Fair enough :) We are very positive though ;) Rememver that it's not just about quick racing we are talking here, but also about league management and all that comes with it, special events and lots of other cool stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'll believe when I see it, sorry.
    If you managed to get all major sim devs/studios to support this app together (honestly they should do) then I'd have more hopes.
    I said it already some of these studios should be building sims around the same base and selling their stuff there (like a "Simracing Steam"). But they think they are doing it right all separated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The minimum they could do was an online system that would support all of their games in the same place then.

7. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Di you try email contact with them or just here on the forum ?

I just registered, I will try to use that when Rf2 is supported !

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi AceLain

I did not contact them by email as I assume that they do read their forum. As you can see over 380 views by unfortunately no feedback from ISI or anyone. So most probably it's because it cannot be done and they do not have the time to do it.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/29021-Can-one-create-an-rFMod-file-dynamically-on-the-fly

Having said that, we will still be doing all the cool stuff for rF2, just not the Smart Match Maker part and server automation.

Cheers
    B1K3R

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Ok, but with a cool project like that you could try to contact them directly... sometime it is more fast and you are sure that they will take a look. I would try to go directly with them to see if it is something they can help you build. (maybe in a future build)

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Good point :) We will surely do once we finish the base platform!

11. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I wish people actually raced. To many private leagues and it's get annoying having to join each one and wait a week for the next race. Even still most online activity are people running laps around the flag pole. They come online to do practice sessions? You can do that offline!? So many times I would log on to find the same boring group just doing laps and they'll adamantly refute any notion of actually racing if you kindly asked. I got sick and tired of it.

After my subscription expired I didn't care to sign back up. I'm seeing more action racing the AI. The online community wants to point to blame, but what they should be doing is blaming themselves, they turn people off. I've seen others online complain just as well in the chat box about not enough racing action and even some heated arguments.

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I totally agree and know where you are coming from and that is one thing we want to achieve with rFactor 2. We will provide all the tools (if ISI helps us), but then its up to you people to make it alive :)

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

In response. Having been a league admin for a little while now, we get enough people for a race twice a week, unless you are happy to race with only 1 or 2 other people? Admittedly, there are also more leagues than people prepared to join all of them!
    I get why there are password protected leagues. We are open, with no rules (beyond start time really) but when some joins and deliberately drives into your car, that kinda wrecks your evening.

I thought ISI provided servers for the racing you are looking for (ie pickup races)

If there are enough people on our practice servers when race time rolls around (every hour or so), you can boot the AI and have a race. On some of the servers you can vote to move the race time forward. We would love to run races every day of the week at all times, but we have full time jobs too!

Check the rF2 Asia servers - and yes there are league races midweek and weekends too

PS: I am excited about the possiblilties offered by Just Race, I was trying to point out they won't necessarily solve this poster's issue

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I agree and we are also catering for Weekly Races but with a democratic way! :) We do not want admins to decide where and what people have to race! Instead, we want weekly races to be driven by the drivers themselves and so this is currently being developed. User will be able to vote themselves what they want to race on. And most importantly, the servers will start automatically ;)

So how it works? Very simple:

1. Choose the Car Class and Track from the list boxes on the right and just hit "Vote for your favorite combo!"
    2. Your vote will be automatically recorded and will show up in the grid below it.
    3. The grid will be auto updated and you can see the votes real time being updated, with the most voted combos at the top
    4. You can vote for many combos as long as they are different!!!
    5. The voting will always be done for the week after. If you are voting this week, the votes will be for combos for the week after. Lets say we are in week 33, then the votes will be used to automatically configure and start the servers for week 34
    6. You will be automatically Registered to the top 2 if you have voted for them (since we will have 2 events a week for example)
    7. Of course, 1st come 1st served...
    8. That's it really! Then every week, the top 2 (for example) most voted combos will be used for the Weekly Event!

Of course we are doing this for Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience but we do hope to be able to support rFactor 2 :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016