Waiting for my Simjack Pro pedals, super hyped!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nolive721, Apr 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello

Don't see so many post about this pedal set but after checking few reviews in the last few days, decided to take the plunge and ordered from their store the 3 pedal set with 2 Hydraulic rods additionally for $250 shipped to me in Japan so not bad of a deal I think

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.4.ac41f19c1vOubA

Been massively upgrading my rig in recent months coming form a TSPC racer and now running a MOZA R9 with CS with aftermarket rim, CS rim with aftermarket QR and also recently a ES modded wheel.

Pedals I have had now for a good 5yrs are the Fanatec CSL Elite v1, and just Gas/Brake without load cell (I missed the timing before they retired the Load cell add-on) so obviously I am very hyped about the Simjacks as successor here.

I hear about some mods possible to adjust them which is a thing difficult to do with the CSL so that was another selling point

I had looked at the MOZA CRP but they are expensive and the CSL Elite cost a good $100 more than what I paid for the Simjacks so it was a no brainer to maintain budget low

anyway, happy to hear your views and of course experience from you guys with this same set of pedals

atomed likes this.
  2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

for anyone interested in these pedals

I am just few days in but so far so good. I have left all things to default mechanically, not adjusted anything on the pedals themselves but did some tweaking on my Rig as well as made a ghetto heel plate.
    https://ibb.co/Ln5PpS7

I have calibrated them with a tool called freejoy though.

I am good for now with ergonomics and feel driving GT cars with no clutch use and more classic cars with a H patter shifter making the use of the clutch pedal.
    Its my 1st LC pedals as my CSL Elite v1 were just the std pot as I mentioned in my OP so I still need to get used to them especially the brake pedal that is quite stiff considering its a 200kg loadcell, has 3 bushes+spring and a damper on top.
    I see me making some adjustment in the near future but travel is good compared to my IRL car (Benz A250, good brakes but very short travel)
    And its obvious, the wheel lock management is 100times better with a LC variant

Throttle is nice as it is but its making some slight squealing noise that i will investigate later for sure, might the spring coil to coil contact or the bearing somewhere in the pedal articulation

The Clutch pedal is also quite good, just need to improve the actual "bite" feeling that is little bit lacking but I am pretty sure this can be done considering all the adjustments possible this pedals set has.

overall for like $230 delivered, I can not be happier

sherpa25, pkelly and atomed like this.