VSCR upcoming GT3 cup

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Jul 21, 2016.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Mod: Apex Mod
    Tracks: Pending, but there will be 8 tracks, high quality tracks.
    Concept: Most likely 2 races per track, 30 min main event and 20 min reversed grid.
    Day of the week: Sundays
    Time: Practice starts 17 GMT. First race sometime in September.
    Signup: Follow http://vscr.createaforum.com/index.php?action=forum

We have a test server up and running. Getmod works. Come say hello and see you on track!

Stay tuned for more information.

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Interesting !

Which day of the week ?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Updated.

Also we are going to run each week but we are only going to count points from best 6-7 races so each can miss an event or two. (Real life is sometimes a bitch :p)

In U.S. events would start between 10AM to 1PM depending on you timezone (you might want to check this info)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thx, I am staying "tuned" for more information :)

5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Are you planning to run any assist ?

I would seriously advised to NOT use ABS... because even with ABS at LOW, you just press your brake pedal to the floor and it doesn't lock.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nice to hear that :)

To be honest, I think there was a mention that low tc and abs would be allowed. I didn't pay much attention to it because I'm not planning to use any. It's surely open for discussion. We wouldn't want to lose anyone because of this (I guess it works both ways).

But I agree with you.I think they might be available, but I doubt they will be used by many. Maybe some weight penalty could be applied. I also think it won't make anyone the fastest (usually because more advanced drivers won't use any assists).

I mention this to our admin Chad. I think the idea was to allow some real life assist but imo rf2 assist system isn't sophisticated enough. Anyway we can see what assists each have activated in pre-season races if any will be allowed (we use simresults).

7. Depco

Depco Registered

In our previous 2 series, F3 and Stockcar, we ran no assists other than Auto clutch for those who do not have clutches in their setups. The reason for this was not to make it more difficult to drive for newer racers, but to more accurately represent the car as it is/was operated on the track by the drivers of the time.

With this in mind it was thought that ABS and Traction Control would be allowed because the real GT3 cars have these "assists" available to the drivers. It is understood that these assists are not completely accurate in their implementation within rF2. However, we want to offer the assists that the real drivers would have available.

The upside is also that for newer drivers these assists help them stay on the track. We all started out driving at some point using some assists. I myself started racing with rF2 3 years ago. I had a PS3 controller and could not keep the car under control without assists. With practice, a good wheel and pedal set, as well as the tutelage of more experienced drivers I have been able to turn the assists off. I want to be able to allow less experienced racers come to VSCR and learn to turn off the assists in the same way I was able to.

While I understand this brings a concern for misuse by already practiced drivers which may allow them to gain an edge, most of our experienced racers don't use the assists. Also it has been my experience that whether a driver uses assists or not does not have as much of an effect on the result of the race as is believed. good drivers end the race near or at the front and poor or inexperienced drivers (those likely to use the assists) tend to filter to the back due to poor decisions made while driving such as poor breaking points and ill advised driving lines.

Finally, I don't want to lose potential racers due to an inability to have necessary assists to be competitive or at least not suck completely. Besides, if someone using assists can be competitive instead of crashing into me I am all for that.

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Cool thanks fort he clarification

its a concern for me just because in previous series that I ran where like some really good driver used ABS and it was clear just to see how the car was braking that they were using it... and it was a bit frustrating, lol.

Looking forward to that series

I will try to join the server next time in Rf :)

Do you plan to run a race each week or more time between even ?

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I can understand your point of view very well. Join our pre-season events and see how it goes. If you then feel like the racing is unfair then I can totally understand your decision not to join our cup. I'm sure fastest of us don't have any need to use abs (These cars don't even lock up that easily).

See post #3 for your other question. So each week to keep it within acceptable timeline.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We are apparently experiencing temporary probelms with our server(s). We are working on it and will get back online as soon as possible. We appologize for the ingonvenience.

-Matt

11. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Looking forward to this series :)

12. Depco

Depco Registered

The server box hosting our rF2 and Teamspeak services decided to have a case of the squirts and the Hard drive went to the great scrap heap in the sky. I will be working to get a new drive in and the system back up and running within a few days. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause for our members and any prospective racers. The silver lining is that a fresh install of the OS is never a bad thing right?... right?

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Test server should be up and running again. Chad still needs to work to get liveracers online and welcome message will be added. Server name starts with VSCR name.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Liveracers are up again.

Currently we have two test servers up to finalize our track selection. Tracks will be probably mainly other than current test tracks, but it's good to give as many tracks a chance as possible.

Pre-season will take place on 28th of August and 4th of September. We hope that those who are going to race with us would also take part in pre-season. It's a great opportunity to learn the cars and racing concept better and meet other drivers participating.

Stay tuned for sign-up.

-Matt

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Race calendar has been decided (getmod is working and we have download links on our website):

Pre-Season

Paul Ricard HTTT
    Poznan

Points Season

Monza
    Le Mans Bugatti track
    Suzuka
    Road Atlanta
    Hockenheim
    Road America
    Nogaro
    Spa

Races in order, pre-season will start 28th of August and the first points race is on 11th of September. Last race is on 30th of October.

Best 6 race weekends out of 8 will count so you don't have to race every track if time won't allow.

Sign up threads will follow, but you can already sign up by posting here or on our forum (see post #1). Pick three cars in preferred order, because each car can be chosen by 2 (possibly 3) drivers max.

Come to say hello and see you on track!

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016