VRUIScale doesn't work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bberger, Nov 12, 2022.

1. bberger

bberger Registered

It seems that the `VRUIScale` setting doesn't have any effect. The only solution for now seems to be to reduce the ingame resolution which in my case of a Varjo Aero needs to be at 720p to be comfortable.

Needless to say it makes text hard to read and the ingame UI really bothersome too.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The res set in the gfx configuration makes no difference to headset resolution. When using a headset it will be purely for menu res.

3. bberger

bberger Registered

Not headset resolution. Ingame UI resolution (HUD overlay stuff, pause menu, ..).

PS: bump. This is very cumbersome and especially a trap for people new to rF2.

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Do you mirror your hmd to a screen? If so (for me with an HP G2 at least), if I change the mirror-screen setting (usually have it on 1920-1080 as that’s what each of my triple monitors runs) then the in-game menus, huds etc. all change scale/resolution and the main driving view remains as whatever you normally get in vr.

5. bberger

bberger Registered

That is exactly my problem.. the resolution of the menus etc scale with resolution..

If I don't set it to 720p or even lower the ingame menus get blown up to like a 25m screen 50cm away from my face. It's like sitting on the podium (not the first row, the podium!) in fron of the screen in the cinema. Unusable.

If I turn it down to like 720p it's a more manageable size (like a 150" screen 50cm away from my face) but I still have to look around and twist my neck to see the icons etc in the corners of the screen. With the side effect that it's now barely readable anymore due to 720p resolution...

I'm in a Varjo Aero with relatively high per-eye resolution (4181px x 35xx px), maybe that makes ot worse.

Every other game / sim on the planet however manages to at least make the menus usable in VR so your first encounter isn't scaring people off. I didn't touch rF2 for several months due to this until I randomly found a post that pointed me to the res change which shouldn't be necessary if the actual "VRUIScale" parameter would work..

All I'm asking for is readable menus rendered at proper resolution that won't blow up to a 25 meters wide screen 50cm in front of my face, or in other words: to have that UI Scale setting fixed.