vracingDisplayPRO connection setup problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevin Karas, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Hey,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I saw some really cool dashboard apps for android on the internet and I finally come to this one. But the problem that I have is, that it wont connect to my pc although I setup everything like described here.

Here is my plugins folder:
    View attachment 3186

Here is my router setup (D-Link DIR-600):
    View attachment 3187

I start a session in rF2 and there is this plugins icon in the upper left corner, which disappears some seconds later. I start the Android app und try to connect to 192.168.0.100 Port:2999 but nothing happens.

What I have to do to get this thing working. I really like to try it but nothing helps. BTW Im using the trail version because I have no paypal account to buy it :(

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I haven't heard of this one, but I use another that's similar with my Transformer Prime. Does this one use a plugin and a preferences.ini in the rFactor 2 folder somewhere? If so, make sure the IP address of the Galaxy is right in the .ini file. Make sure the app itself doesn't need the PC's IP address as well.

3. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

It uses a text file called paramters.txt but there is only a port given and its the same like in the app: 2999.

This are the files of the plugin:
    View attachment 3188
    View attachment 3189

Dont know what the problem is.
    The app actually needs the PCs IP address. I have to type in the IP and the port within the app itself.

This is how I have to set it up: [​IMG]

Which app are u using with your TF?

4. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

I found the "problem". The vracingdisplayserver.exe was always running in the background and I had to end it by myself in order to apply the settings :p Now its working but it is very sloppy. Feels like about half a second of delay :(
    Which app are u using?

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I saw this one linked in a thread yesterday, gave the Demo a whirl and its fantastic, lots of features and simple to use.
    Only problem I have its putting it somewhere useful, need to have it on my G25 just behind the steering wheel ideally but will have to make some sort of device holder to keep it there.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah I find my phone is too small to use this, but the Transformer Prime is perfect. I only just discovered the telemetry feature yesterday!

8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Yeah I tried the DashMeterPro Demo, too. And its awesome :) So smooth and customizable. Perfect, but I cant buy it because of the lag of paypal and online banking accounts :( So just using the demo :D

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have a laptop here and I have a LiveAndroid! on disk so that the laptop will run the Android OS. I'm trying to figure out if and how I can get DMP to work on it.

10. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

I got myself one of these with the intention of sticking it to the back of my wheel (was a DFGT, but got replaced with a CSR as of yesterday). Note: I haven't set it up or tried it yet, but it seems sturdy enough, and as long as the suction cup can accommodate the curve of my wheel base, it should work a treat. Worth a shot at your end. Even if it doesn't work, it's only £5 down the drain :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you've actually given me the idea of using cable ties so it somehow sits "inside" the wheel, will report back when I get the chance to give it a whirl!