VR Randomly works/doesnt work (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by David Turnbull, Jan 21, 2019.

1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

Hi guys,

For the past week or two my VR randomly works or doesnt work, I start up SteamVR and it opens the mixed reality app and then goes green for ready, so I start up Rfactor 2 and it will either show VR content loading and sit there until I click the mouse and rfactor.exe crashes, or the game will load.

Its getting to be very annoying in that I about to do a race to find that its suddenly crapped out again and nothing I can do will make the game load in VR, then all of a sudden without doing anything diffrent it will just load and work fine.

I have the Lenovo Explorer, RTX 2070 with latest drivers, Win10 is fully upto date, SteamVR is on the latest version.

Please help before I give up with this.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Maybe try ( if you haven't allready) start first mixed reality app. Then start rF2 which on it's turn starts steamVR. And see if that works.
    I'm not using mixed reality but am on rift and i alway start oculus software first and then rf2 which activates steamVR. For me this allways works when done in this order.
    Hope this helps.

David Turnbull likes this.
  3. David Turnbull

Thanks for the reply :)

It seems to make no diffrence in what order I start things, sometimes it will work fine others it wont run at all.

I think I have a 50% success rate in getting the game to run with VR and when it does run I'm not doing anything diffrent to the times that it doesnt.

its a wierd one :(

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Argh sorry to hear that. Hope someone with the same headset can be of better help.

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Have you tried not running any of the VR software?

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

7. David Turnbull

seems Win10 wasnt quite as upto date as I thought, I just did a check for updates and its installed a massive update and a few more including one for Holographics, I'll test tonight and see if its made a diffrence, fingers crossed.

Jego likes this.
  8. David Turnbull

Hopefully can put this to bed, seems it was Win10 updates I needed, even though its set to Automatic updates when I clicked check for updates it found a few. I dont know which update worked but one of them did and the game starts up in VR everytime I've tried so far.

EsxPaul likes this.