VR, New UI and more....

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dan-Ove Brantholm, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Dan-Ove Brantholm Registered

Hi!
    I have newly tried VR for the first time and that opened up a whole new world in simracing. There are still a couple of things that i miss though. My interest in simracing is 100% modern F1 cars, and driving a F1 car is so much more than doing a fast lap. You need to have control over fuel consumption, tire wear and other strategic things like where I’m coming out after a pit stop etc. Therefore, I have spent some time making my own tools based on the internalsplugins example, and use VB6 graphics (I know there are better alternative, but I’m soon 49 years old, and have limited time for this and VB6 is still the fastest way from idea to a working product) to present the info on the screen which work ok because I run rfactor2 in windowed mode. I have tried to follow the road maps for the last year, and I know that this is maybe not the highest priority for the moment, but I make a try to get some questions answered:

The new UI, that seems to finally be released in the nearest time(?) will from what I have read also give us back the opportunity to animate data ingame from custom plugins?!.

Will it (without special/additional code i mean) also be viewable in VR?

How long time after the release of the UI can we expect a updated version of the InternalPlugins so we can start using it in our custom plugins? I maybe wrong here, but it seems that there has been no updates of the plugin, even though there have been implemented more features that should(?) be accessible. (Traction control as an example)

Another way around is if it was possible to make plugin variables accessible from the “HUD” so we could combine a custom HUD with our custom plugin. (Hope someone could correct me here and tell me that it is already possible...)

Another thing that I have missed in rfactor2 and that I miss even more in VR is a improved "Self In Rearview". Personally, I think it is mandatory when you race Open wheelers…

I know it kind of work today, but I miss some opportunities to have it in the “real” mirrors but not in the virtual.

atomed and Adrianstealth like this.