VR driver quite a small and his legs are paralyzed

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Richard Hessels, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Was doing some laps in VR on the new Samsung Odyssey.
    Super nice experience, great resolution, good tracking wide FOV and no annoying screendoor effect (it's there. but so little you wont notice).
    Only the VR driver looks so skinny and got quite tiny hands.
    And i'm already quite a skinny guy, but the driver looks like he got a eating disorder.
    Most racing overalls are quite a baggy fit, the one im seeing is a really tight fit.
    Looks a bit like the orange spandex marshals from the previous generation.
    If there is some development time left to make the driver about 15% more heavier it will feel more natural to most drivers.
    Compared to iRacing where the got the proportion a bit more right, my brain gets fooled in to perceiving it's really my arms i'm looking at. Gives an awkward feeling when you push a button on the steeringwheel but my hands don't seem to move. In rF2 i really notice it's not my arms.
    Would also be cool if the drivers would push the pedals with their legs/feet.
    Was doing laps in the USF on Zandvoort, but noticed my legs don't move.

bravotangosix and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm all for responsible portrayals, but some people are just built skinny :D

On the button pushing thing, apart from obviously your wheel probably not matching the virtual one, have you played something where your button presses are shown? Does it feel natural, given that (presumably) the virtual counterpart doesn't move at all until you already press the button?

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I too would like the driver and animations to receive some love ! The drivers hands are a bit of a place where people outside the main rF2 fan base have a laugh and ridicule rf2 ! Spider hand simulator is one that i've heard more than once , lol
    Also the size of the hands being too small for some to get past !
    I know S397 could quite easily make the driver look a lot better but it must be somewhat lower on the to do list , but i do believe this is one area that they should invest some time .
    pC2 driver is quite animated with foot movement going from left and right foot braking to paddle shifter and even selecting the correct gear on a h pattern floor mounted stick and ive notice ACC driver even turns (or motions too) knobs on the wheel to indicate brake bias , traction and ABS adjustments ! Albeit a little late but still it's there .

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

The legs of the Brabham BT44B driver pass through the fire extinguisher mounted on the floor o_O

bravotangosix likes this.
  5. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

The legs/feet of the kartdrivers are moving propely. Should be done for the normal drivers too.