VR Desktop Apps

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by MarcG, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's now 3 (maybe more) decent ones, quick list below:

Oculus Home 2.0, recently released in a Beta state, they have a 'Dash' that allows Desktop usage whilst doing other things. The ability to move Windows around is very cool, only thing is as it's in beta you really need the touch controllers (which I don't have) as it's a bit clunky with the Oculus Remote and/or Xbox Controller, still early signs are very good.

BigScreen, my fave and I've had it since I first got my Rift over a year ago, the Social Aspect is fantastic as you can literally sit in a cinema with your mates watching a movie and chat with each other. Plenty of Scenes to place your Screen if you fancy doing something a bit different, screens are also highly customisable, Gaming with friends (even though I've not done this yet) looks great fun from what I've seen and read.

Virtual Desktop, even though its regular price is just £11 I've been waiting for a Sale to grab it and did so this past week. It does pretty much everything BigScreen does but so far I find viewing 360 Videos much more suited to this program, roller-coaster ones are especially good!

Personally I recommend all 3 (well the bottom two if you have a Vive or other!) as they all combine to do almost everything, what's missing now is a Social App where you can walk around and meet people although one may exist if so please say :)

Ernie likes this.
  2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Registered

Was just testing Dash yesterday and since i don't have the Touch controllers as well, i couldn't find a way to pin the windows!
    From the release video, it seems that your apps should appear in that lower bar, but i was only getting Oculus Home, Store and Oculus Desktop!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I moved the windows with the Xbox Controllers Left Trigger button, the X button can select individual windows I think as well but I was using the Oculus Remote at the same time. I noticed with the Eye Point you can use the mouse button as normal to navigate through windows and I add the visual keyboard for (very slow) typing!