VOTE Street cars Vs Race Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoopscat7, Oct 16, 2019.

?

What is your preferred choice for S397 to provide for users

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Street cars

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Race cars

120 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Boring to drive, but not so boring to race:) As tires wear they start to become challenging.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes S397 GT3 tires certainly looses good part of that magic quickly. As for racing vs driving, I do actually drive whe nracing too, so to me driving and racing is same, but of course racing is driving with much more elements in it, but it is still driving. I don't think driving and racing can be separated at all. I suppose that only was some PR slogan of Assetto Corsa with slight humor in it, because they lacked some racing features.

By the way, have to note that the vote results are surprising. Having in mind that it is only taking in account how many users prefers one over another, but not by how much. I'd say 20 percents of people who would rather have more than 50% of content in road cars is quite a massive result, and thats in favor to street cars IMO.

VirusGR42 and twinkle like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is because we are using a more or less boring, steril sim environment.
    It's so hard to feel anything unless we are slightly over the limit. But in real life you can easily tell when you're getting close to the limit and thinking of crashing and burning.

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I was essentially joking:). I know it's matter of semantics and he probably meant the same in this context.

Where did you get "who would rather have more than 50% of content" from?
    You’d have to specifically ask for it and I think in such case, percentage would be much lower.
    I thought this survey is what type cars you currently prefer to be added, not which type should become majority.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well in my mind since this poll was only street or race car it basically means that if you choose one you are interested in it more than 50percent than another one :D And in my mind thats quite huge if 20% of users would rather have 6 street cars out of 10 (which is more than 50 percent), if they would choose to have 4 street cars out of 10, then it would mean that thwy vote for for race cars in this poll, and that would be me (except that I did not vote :D).

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Well, the poll question was wrong from the beginning. Asking: "What is your preferred choice for S397 to provide for users?"
    Asking the poll question in that way probably everybody here would think that 100% race cars should be the outcome. I can't even imagine that anyone would say there should be more street cars in rF2 than race cars. And i even think that this was the poll creator intention, to create a poll which says that for 100% users race cars is the preferred choice. wow, what a surprise!

Interestingly there are (now) 17% that said Street Cars are their "preferred choice". Though we only have 100% race car DLCs in rF2 atm, which would mean that S397 didn't listen to their users !!!

But don't take that serious either. The only problem here is, that the poll question was wrong from the beginning.
    I guess most rF2 users would like 80% race cars and 20% street cars DLCs (or historic DLCs)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Love you too big hugs

It was intended to get the two extreme views to estimate the type of distribution. Given the length of time it took you to type your response you could have set your own poll up?

As has already been said in this thread it’s only sampling a small cohort of users who are on here and can be bothered to vote or comment. So no poll is going to be robust enough to change anything but given the number of responses it has stimulated discussion. If only to comment on the robustness if the poll

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

OK, i think i will do another poll. (never did one)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Oh you should they’re fun

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  10. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I am pulling your leg

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

What are you doing ? you're gonna create votes until the result please you ?

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

no, i was asked by the poll creator to do another poll if i am not happy with the poll question and options. so i did. as simple as that.

14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

that’s my understanding. It’s not about total outcome percentage of car types, but which you’d prefer to be added. Some new road cars or more racing cars. If that’s what’s asked, then I’m in the minority as I would like addition of a few road sport/super cars. It would be fun to drive and race not-reasonably priced cars:) Especially If CPM would allow realistic powerslides etc.
    Anyway there’s very little chance to have any new official road cars, even if someone from S397 reads this thread(also unlikely).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Filip and twinkle like this.