[REL] Volkswagen FunCup 2006 (iDT) 1.23

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, May 25, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

NEW Build 1.23, July 22nd, 2022: maintenance update IBL/PBR

The mod is already available into Steam workshop: --->https://mega.nz/file/q0hAwD6Z#JYoLF_l54I5HL_PEfVx0ZnE27_6CSgRmWiyhvY9shpg
    Manual download:
    --->https://www.4shared.com/s/fOCaGIDRBiq

New template for BANNER:
    --->https://www.4shared.com/s/f0YTiZN1_ea
    NEW car template: --->https://www.4shared.com/s/fJOFjrWvhea

Build 1.22, February 18th, 2022: fixed black rain in certain tracks due to wrong rF2 code

Build 1.21:
    • reordered and renamed 2006 for working together the new incoming 2021 Endurance and Evo3 classes (different mod)
    • fixed different rims colors for working in showroom
    Build 1.19:
    • - remade old UI icons and added new web UI icons
    Build 1.18:
    • enabled driver's swap
    Build 1.17:
    • scratchable and full rain effect body
    • full rain effect windows and animated wipers
    • new BANNER for windshield and NEW TEMPLATE (due to the changes to the windshield)
    • decrease a little the volume for downshift+backfire
    • fixed disc glow due to code change
    • updated realtime section for tires
    • added Position Led for the 2 classes (due to a future implementation of the code, currently I disabled the CLASS PACKAGE in use mainly for AI purposes)
    Build 1.07: DX11 ready. In addition we have now animated lollipop for each team, another great feature developed by Chris “redapg”.
    We have also replaced old chassis and tires with updated full flex chassis, new CPM tires and new steering wheel, thanks to the last improvements to the online tools of Chris, now able to manage also "borderline" suspension geometry like the FunCup:
    http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

Build 1.0:
    The car is the "fantasy" car made by iDT for simulating the real world car of the 2006 that ran in 2007 and more...
    I asked Doug of iDT for the permission to port and improve their mod to rF2 standard (flex chassis, deformable CPM tires, etc...)

I have to say that the job deserved much more attention than I thought and this release is more than a conversion/porting. Everything during the development was very interesting and educative. As due to the original author, during the conversion / remodeling / improvement to rF2, I tried to preserve the original essence of the mod, that mainly matches the real-world car developed in the 2006.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you very much Slow Motion :) . And greets and thanks to Chris. Perhaps he consider to rejoin here in the forum ? It's not that bad here :D

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Thanks for the update Slowmotion! I'll have to give the tools another try. I tried them not too long ago and didn't have the greatest luck with them (multiple HDV entries on a single line, chassis.ini was all on one line, hdv crashing game, etc).

4. TPG

TPG Registered

Thx for the update..:cool:

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update, as the title suggests these are Fun cars on short tracks. One minor issue, when looking behind in VR there's a texture anomaly on the "wall" behind the drivers seat, other than that it's good :)

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Hello, any chance for a skin template?

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

8. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

9. Corti

Corti Registered

10. SRGP

SRGP Registered

An other nice little car !
    It is posible the "backfire" sound when downshifting is a bit too loud (outside/opponents).

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

If I'll update to full rain, scratches, etc... I'll look to that sound too (if I'll remember it, lol)

VirusGR42 and Corti like this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well, we are very closed to release the new build 1.17 that will bring few updates:
    • scratchable and full rain effect body
    • full rain effect windows and animated wipers
    • new BANNER for windshield and NEW TEMPLATE (due to the changes to the windshield)
    • decrease a little the volume for downshift+backfire
    • fixed disc glow due to code change
    • updated realtime section for tires
    • added Position Led for the 2 classes (due to a future implementation of the code, currently I disabled the CLASS PACKAGE in use mainly for AI purposes)
    Thanks to the friend of mine, Chris, that created the wipers anm and improved windows 3d for allowing full rain effects.
    In a while you will enjoy one of the best evergreen mod since rFactor1! Thank you

20180828154930_1.jpg 20180828154845_1.jpg

13. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

If you want to maintain the steam build yourself, I'll delete the iDT one, dont want to confuse people with different versions.

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The mod was on Steam since the first build, then updated to the 1.07 and now to this 1.17. Only templates must be manually downloaded: my apologies if I misunderstood something.

15. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Took the car out for a few laps last night and it was a lot of fun to drive! Thanks again for the great work.

Nitrometh, pkelly and Slow Motion like this.
  16. Yordi Maldonado

Yordi Maldonado Registered

Hello, i sent you a message for permission editing this mod for an event, it is great

Corti likes this.
  17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for the interest Yordi. I already answered you don't need to edit any part of the mod, because the feature you need is already part of the mod and it is available in the showroom tuning options.

When you will ready for informing people about what you are organizing, please feel free to post some info also into this thread.
    Thank you.

Corti likes this.
  18. Yordi Maldonado

Yordi Maldonado Registered

Hello good day, from an organizing committee of the SRM Simracers Mexico and Proyecto Simracing communities, we want to invite you all to participate in an event of 24 Real Hours in rFactor 2, in the autodrome of Mexico, Hermanos Rodriguez.

The idea is to make an interleague/communities race, it is a great event sponsored with a small cash incentive for the winning team, the registrations are already open at this moment, and if you are interested in participating you can register in the following link! We will be waiting for you in this great event on December 7th and 8th. The sooner you make your registration, the sooner you ensure your place in the race!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOrtWC1pbkzPmiTTtUMRYszw1pGkLada/view?usp=sharing

Cheers!

flayr.jpg

Slow Motion and Corti like this.
  19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Build 1.18: quick update for enabling driver's swap... first post has been updated and remember to take a look at the info of the above post! Thank you.

20. Corti

Corti Registered

thank you for you...for your work

pkelly likes this.