Voice commands - spooter

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Valter Cardoso, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Time to move to 21st century.
    This is a "must have" in rf2.

Voice commands to:

Request pit with voice commands to: Ammount of fuel, change tires (yes or no), repair (yes or no)
    Ask info like: tires, weather forecast, fuel, damage, time left and gaps.

I think anybody prefer to talk to a virtual garage than using keyboard/wheel buttons in middle of race to change what is done in pit stop.

In RF1 ive used spooter plugin for sometime and will be happy to see similar oficial thing in rf2.

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

yes, agreed .... but seems that ISI will only provide the interface (internal plugin)
    I am working on a GlovePIE script with interactive dialog to a race engineer, handling all pit request and some motivation calls ...
    you may have a look here
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...geneer-is-working-now?highlight=race+engeneer
    after some months of absence I returned to develop the script. You may expect a nice working version in a few days

but for using data from internal plugin a programmer is required - someone here interesting ????

3. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Hi GauchosRS! i was thinking of using glovepie for rf2 (i use to make some gpie script for wing commander and freespace2 voice command one year ago) but i wonder :
    Have you find anyway the "alt+tab" effect ? i had this problem before, the voice command launched the voice recognition help and made the game alt tab some time (not every time but it was already a pain in fs2 game in solo so i don't want to imagine that in rf2 in an online race ^^ )