Voice command for Pit Stops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Nov 21, 2010.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but this came to me this evening, in some FPS games you can order the AI around by Voice Command. So what about doing this for RF2?

It would make racing that touch more realistic and maybe replace the use of buttons and navigating up and down menus to sort pit stops out, instead you could press and hold a button for the command and shout "FUEL ONLY 25LITRES" and thats what you get in the pit stop. Maybe set up Macros to various voice commands so you can have plenty of strategies all laid out before a race, i.e. "MACRO 5" could mean 2 front tires and full fuel, "MACRO 9" could mean 4 tires and 5litres....ya know....that sorta thing.

Is this something we could see soon in racing sims if its not out there already?

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

hi'
    it doesn't seem very appropriate, in sim-racing, and in real-racing, there is a button on the wheel for this purpose ;)
    I don't see any F1 Pilot talking to a machine to ask for pit stop... :rolleyes:

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

uumm you've missed the point, drivers talk to their engineers all the time in some categories (NASCAR to name but one), so therefore having Voice Commands makes it more realistic as essentially you're talking to your AI Engineer...get it? Would also be quicker and easier than navigating through menus as I said above!

4. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

You can use voice commands right now to control things within any game. I use it for iRacing, rFactor, and just now, ArmA2. Take a look at this video(not mine). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhFVjV7pcIY

All you need is software called glovepie. It does the job very well.

5. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Look for "Spotter plugin" by Carlomaker...
    It does a lot of things like that also for rfactor1 ;-)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh so it IS possible excellent thanks chaps, certainly think this would make Pit Stops a lot easier and quicker. nice one!