Visible cars does not affect rain spray

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dan-Ove Brantholm, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Dan-Ove Brantholm Registered

2. lagg

lagg Registered

The problem is that what is visible, is different for different users depending on if you are using screens, VR, or you are broadcasting the RACE and using the track cams.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  3. Dan-Ove Brantholm

It's the same independent if you use VR or screen. Do you mean that you don't have this issue? It becomes very obvious if you turn down visible cars to a minimum (6)

4. From my experience there is significant difference between VR and screen view especially if it comes to rain ... with VR you won't see a huge difference between wet track and drying ideal racing line which is the case with screen(s).

5. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Well, i can highly agree to that also because I have not the power to have neither Road Reflection nor Environement reflection, but I do see the drying line. Maybe I have failed to tell what the main issue with the report is... Do you see the spray that comes from the invisble cars?

6. I have to say sorry - I missed that.

Hard to say - I would say, no I do not see other spray than from visible cars.

7. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Ok, thanks. Then there must be something with my setup then. I also tried without VR and it was the same.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry, i didn't understand your message correctly.
    Barrier languages. :oops:

9. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Thanks for all the reactions that made me realize that I must be a little more detailed when reporting. I still think it's a bug, but maybe it's to complicated and costly to fix, and honestly it might not affect so many users. Even if LFM have done a great job which made me realize this, how often do you have a grid with more cars than you have visible (Normally 12 in my case, but I set it to 6 during this test) and rain at the same time...? I'm just frustaded to play with 50-70 fps the first laps when it comes to this conditions...
    A comment from a S397 representative would be much appreciated, even if it's just "The fix wont happen because something something".

Anyway, I have attached a screenshot with a mark that shows the spray from cars that are not visible...
    (And also, I did the test with a official car too with the same result)
    upload_2022-10-16_8-32-26.png

Hazi likes this.