Virtual Mirror

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi all,

Is there a way to move the position of the virtual mirrors on the screen [i.e. up and down]?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

To physically move the virtual mirrors, no. Only on and off using the default key:3
    If the car you are driving has a real rear view mirror you can move it left,right, up and down as well as adjust it.

3. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Can anyone please help me whit this? :)
    Currently running fresh win 7 & rf2 install.
    I don't know for how long my virtual mirrors are positioned like that, but I first noticed it way back - when new HUD was introduced. I thought that the HUD is broken somehow and devs will fix it in the near future. But today I noticed another users ingame screenshot and realized that my virtual mirrors are positioned a bit lower (delta bar is blocking mirror view) on screen than his are.
    Photo above is how I assume it should be and below is mine. I looked around in player.json but couldnt find any line referring virtual mirror to positions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Gasper Zupan Maybe it is caused by different screen resolutions?
    16:9 vs 4:3.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Gasper Zupan Someone had this a few weeks ago (can't remember where now), I was thinking it might be aspect ratio as Bernd has suggested but the person either did a fresh install, or verified their rF2 files through steam, or just moved/renamed their player.json and other files (so the game created new ones) and then it was fine. I think.

*Oops, I could be wrong. This is all I could find, no real solution: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/moving-virtual-mirrors.60134/

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  6. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered