[VIDEO] Where is THIS physics in the BETA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navorsky, Jan 26, 2012.

1. navorsky

navorsky Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oha1bQ9C174&feature=fvst

I saw this video, and i was wondering where is all this in the actual beta. I´ve raced all cars so far, and i cant see this kind of tire deformation in any of them. Yes i see deformation, but not as much as the ones showcased in the video above. Also, i saw a lot of "tire overlapping" in the tarmac/gravel . In the video, the physics seems VERY realistic.

Im not complaining, im very satisfied so far, but i was wondering where is these effects...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  2. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,
    Well if you talk about the Tyre Deformation, thats WIP and wont be in focus now like Tim measured in another thread.
    The Car damage though depends on your ingame difficulty settings like the invulnerability, just in case you talk about that.

Greets Modmate

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

yes we don't have several of the components of the sim yet. full damage, full tire simulation... it's beta now, but it will come I'm sure.

if you look in knownissues.txt file in your root you'll see they mention some things that are not in the beta.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I don´t know if thi can be viewed on screen but definitily happens on track and i can feel it on logitech g27 playing with formula renault 3.5

5. navorsky

navorsky Registered

No, i know about the beta limitations, and i really understand them. I´m questioning the above video, where it shows a very detailed tire deformation. I can´t see ( yet i can feel it on the wheel ) in THAT level of detail.

I mean, it is there, but for instance, during speed curves, i cant see the tire deforming like that even in replay and with slow mo on... ,the deformations i see are very subtle and sometimes it overlaps the asphalt ( which doesn´t occurs in the video mentioned ). I know its a beta and it has a lot to be done, what i´m really questioning here is why i can´t see the effects showcased in that video, since its a video from the BETA.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

No, that's a video from an alpha and if you read the readme or any posts from ISI on the subject you'll know it was briefly removed to be reinserted soon.

7. navorsky

navorsky Registered

That answers my question. Thank you very much! ;)

8. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand Registered

The tyre deformation in replay is not the same than in live racing.
    The real tyre deformation is when you drive, in the replay, it's an approximation.
    I think you see that you can see the flat on tyres in replay.
    I think it will be improved in the next releases :)

9. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Great! I´m very excited about this feature, and its definetely changing the way i drive, much more careful and aware of the topography on the road... amazing piece of work so far. Keep this up ISI.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Huh? The video posted is from the beta. Peicheck is using the same software you all have. Did I mistake something?

The comment below is probably correct, some things are not at great fidelity in replays right now, viewing them live is better.

11. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Really? I'd assumed it was still in alpha stage back then. Oh well, either way.