Video tutorial Animating drivers hands

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by mianiak, Jan 13, 2012.

1. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

The mesh isi supplied must have been saved with a very different set of units definitions, this can cause weird issues like you are having.

Best bet is to start fresh.

2. Gilles Benoit

Gilles Benoit Registered

Bonjour,

I have been generating distorted driver figures (my problem with editing the mesh) and game crashes (unknown) for two weeks trying to make animated driver arms.

My animations were working fine (with autostart parameter) with any other instance name apart from "driver".

I found this morning that the suffix "steer" has to be in the animation name for the sim to load.

I use the "Envelope" (not Vertex) way to rig the driver so it seems to work that way too.

A little bit more information. My driver is edited from the rF2_driver_sample and I found that the "distortion" in the sim could be corrected by mirroring (X axis only) my object then flipping the normals. Everything is fine now.

Cheers !
    Gilles

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I have been testing animation but i cant get them right to work. Allways some problems for few arm turning.
    This clearly needs to be changed by ISI cause the work amount on that is to big for such small effect.
    Shift series or gtr series have this far more simple done and if you mod you can adjust them by some simple coordinates and you get all animations from foots, steering and shifting.
    We need that way and some generic drivers to be changed like modern drivers, classic ones, openwheelrs and gts...
    Doing for each car own animations is not really needed. The option for that should stay open for those who want to add something special but i rather use generic ones that work well and whit all animations. I actuall dont understnad now why gtr2 could have everything on that side so many years ago and here is complicated whit simple steering wheel arm animation.

4. anthing

anthing Registered

Maybe ISI guys should get the code from Simbin :)

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Lol, dont think that will happen but drivers could be done more easy way thats for sure. I did manage to learn now animations and i have the driver now even ingame but its really some work for only one left and right hand movement.

6. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I am having an issue exporting the anim. I have the exact settings listed in the Animation dialog, but when I hit "Do Anim" the anm file is only 16 bits. Not sure what is up. Any ideas?

7. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Hi...

Do not know about others, but I much prefer the complete video tutorial, step by step. Not everyone doing animation before, but if you see how they do from the beginning step by step .. definitely learn. I understand that the developers of the ISI are busy but someone who can be able to share some complete tutorial. I think it would welcome more people, including me :)

Regards,
    BULIT

8. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Can you provide your max file used in this tutorial?

9. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

viedos are offline, can someone reupload? Will be great!