Video settings anomaly

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BoothJoe, Jan 6, 2016.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I am curious about this. From the launcher, I can select the Video Settings button. In Video Settings, it supposedly gives me my CPU, video card, etc. But some of that information is just wrong. It gets the processor, speed and memory right, but it says I'm running Windows 8 when I'm running 10. It says my R9 380 has 4gb of memory and it only has two. It says my video driver is version 8.xxxx when it's really 15.xxxx.

I can understand it getting the OS wrong since this chunk of the code was probably written prior to the release of W10 and Windows 8 may be as high as it goes. But the video memory? And the video driver? Both wrong? It's not a problem if it's just reporting information, but what if it were to use that information elsewhere in the program to do something meaningful. There's a guy on the RaceDepartment forum who has the Video Settings reporting that his 1gb discreet video card has only 300 (or something really low) mb of memory and RF2 keeps telling him he doesn't have enough memory to run the program properly.

Just curious if anyone out there has Video Settings that are accurate. It probably doesn't matter, but you never know....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Skan

Skan Registered

It says windows 8 instead of 10 here too. Everything else is accurate.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Your R9 380 is basically an R9 290; it does have 4 GB :)

EDIT: I made a mistake, actually two. I just found out there are 4 GB and 2 GB models of the R9 380, and I also just found out that the R9 380 is basically an R9 285 not 290. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  4. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Your video driver version is probably 8.xxx,it's just the 'overall package' that is 15.xxx

5. TheWelshLad

TheWelshLad Registered

my Graphics card is a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5, but the difference on my Config settings is that it says I have 290mb on the card and I am stuttering badly on rF2 (other games which are basically next gen are fine)