very weird two BUG (?)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jomardi, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jomardi

jomardi Registered

Hello everyone, I hope you gives me way to fix this, or will solved problem next BUILD_s

1) I have notebook G73-JH (you can see details at my profile) G73-JH has "Twin turbo mode" button, when i set ON (for more performance) in online session gives me very higher PING, around 1300/1500 PING "synchronizing". if i set "Twin turbo mode" OFF then gives normal PING around 50/70 PING.

2) in online, SIM has very bad texture quality, offline everything is good. i post here 2 pic Online/Offline. (here is offline pic "best of", what i have sometimes. :( )

p.s. I should to say, that same problem (about texture) was also in iRacing but when i set "max system memory" above then 1024mb (2048mb as u can see at picture) problem was solved. maybe that help developers.

ONLINE:
    [​IMG]
    OFLINE:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Direct Links:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/msg6c2.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2a9qm9u.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2eplw0n.jpg

here is my GUI pic - http://i48.tinypic.com/2196ot4.jpg
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Problem 1) is probably caused by the Twin Turbo Mode, ie the frequency of your machine is not stable with such feature enabled.
    rF2 online requires a stable clock and when it is unstable it causes syncing problems and lag (high ping)

Problem 2) might be caused by a known bug related to the graphics detail of your car and of opponents.
    Waiting for a fix, the workaround is to use the same graphics detail for your car and for the opponents.

1 person likes this.
  3. jomardi

jomardi Registered

Max Angelo thanks for feedback.
    1) I not have same problem other SIM e.g. iR, NKP, etc. ohh, same problem was at GTR evo yesterday when i try (ON is higher PING, OFF is normal)
    2) you mean, set up more value "VISIBLE VEHICLES" ? as you can see above GUI pic, now is at 50. I'll try max.

4. dandar

dandar Registered

If I understood Max correctly he is trying to tell you to set "PLAYER DETAIL" and "OPPONENT DETAIL" on the same detail level to fix your second question.

1 person likes this.
  5. jomardi

jomardi Registered

ahh, yes, sure he had in mind. blame for my English :(
    Thanks dandar

6. jomardi

jomardi Registered

the second question is removed
    now everything looks good! Thanks again -;)

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Probably i was too much "cryptic" in my previous post.

For unstable clock, i was meaning a sort of dynamic overclock generated by the Twin Turbo feature.
    It is only a guess, because i have no idea how such Twin Turbo works. :)

But, if the turbo comes from a higher frequency of the clock, based on the CPU workload, the effect in rF2 is that the syncronization between the server and the client cant be settled.
    As result, you get continuos syncronization messages, you get extra lag and the timing may be not right, ie the server misunderstands the timing in your machine.

You posted two of the three typical "syntomis" of the issue, and the third requires time to see if it happens or no, so in your shoes i would read the manual of your notebook searching for details about the Twin Turbo feature.
    If it is based on dynamic overclocking, a fix is impossible to achieve and the only way to solve the issue is disabling such Twin Turbo.

Hope my english is clear, it is not my native language and furthermore i am not a programer, so i am oversimplyfing the details of the issue. :)

8. jomardi

jomardi Registered

Max Angelo, yes I am understand What you mean.
    I am not so good about PC space, but maybe time to time I'll find something about third issue.

grazie mille!

9. jomardi

jomardi Registered

first of all, did not want to open a new thread for this
    Hello, as you can see in pic, SIM shows "VIDEO RAM" size 677 MB but correctly is 1024 MB. SIM can't saw correct value?
    also I think, CPU not saw "Twin turbo mode" Correct GHz (CPU: i7-720QM (1.6GHz/2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB L3 cache)
    it's just a bug of interface, or is really a problem perception correct data?
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dandar

dandar Registered

rF2 works with the vram that directx sees, and it's a microsoft know bug that directx reports less memory than available.

Second, rf2 will not work properly with non-native cpu's clock. Also i supose that rf2 ask about the processor values to windows and this is why you see such discrepancies.
    Twin turbo modes or similar features are know to have issues with online racing. So it's recommended to play without using this kind of overcloking.

11. jomardi

jomardi Registered

dandar Thanks! now I am understand.

about "Twin turbo mode" I do not use any more, and THX for help, your and Max