Very strong braking FFB (BMW M2 CS Racing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

For Fanatec DD1 and DD2 friction is the default value.

As for braking....it turns out that it makes no diff if friction or damping is set as I suggested before. I have lowered braking force on my wheel so that I don't brake that hard and that help with not braking my wrists.

2. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

That's very odd that it's set to friction by default. Every other direct drive wheel profile uses damping. It might have been a mistake by whoever came up with the profiles for these wheels. Have you tried changing it to damping and see how it feels that way?

One major thing that's missing with the friction type is in cars with high downforce, you don't feel the wheel getting heavier in high speed corners, every corner pretty much feels the same, which obviously isn't realistic.

3. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Not much you can do at the moment with this heavy rumble, I was able to minimize it by lowering brake force a lot and increasing FFB smoothing but when you brake hard it still happens.

4. aurelien

aurelien Registered

Hi.
    The problem is still here for me: I had it with a fanatec CSW2.5 in late 2019: the whole cockpit was shaking when I was braking. Now I have a DD1, I tested the M2 CS and it feels like the wheelbase is trying to rip off my arms when I'm braking.
    ABS is off in difficulty and in car settings, I never felt this problem with any other car.
    Too bad, this car seems really nice to drive.

avenger82 likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

With ABS off, it sounds like you have flat-spotted the tires. Try again and use ABS to discover if the shake does not re-appear. That would then lean towards flat spotting. Heavy braking, unbalanced braking or sudden slides can all cause flatspots. The vibration will sometimes be little more than a hummm that buzzes your wheel. But if you have really flat-spotted a tire, the shaking can be downright unbelievable. I do believe this effect was reduced 'some' a year or two ago, but it certainly still is there. Just about all the current S397 cars will have this possibility. The key factor with a flat spot, is it won't go away. if it does stop shaking after the corner, then what follows may be the problem.
    The M2 did have some users saying it HOPPED when trailbraking, even posted videos of the real M2 bouncing thru a tight corner, You might want to view a replay and see if the car looks like it's hopping as you transit thru the corner. Search the old release threads about the M2, you might find more information.

6. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

It's not from flatspoting, this "ripping" base apart happens when braking and it happens when brake is pushed too strong. Reduce the brake pressure (use much less than usual) and you should be fine. Nothing more you can do for the time being.

aurelien likes this.
  7. aurelien

aurelien Registered

Nope, I don't need to make a flat on the tyres to get it.
    @Tomislav Leskovic thanks for confirmation.

avenger82 and davehenrie like this.