Very close to asking for a refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bboy-mass, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Ok, I work in IT and I'm fullly aware of how to configure Servers and all sorts of IT components, but this is just a JOKE.

I've waited YEARS for this Sim and now I've coffed up £29.99 I expect it to work.

I've downloaded the rfmod files (which takes ages even on my 50M BBand) and out them in the correct directory.
    I go into Mod manager and click on whats presented and there's NO options (just greyed out install/uninstall etc).

I turn off MOD filter and up pops another set of items that are suggesting "Installed".

WHY oh WHY can I not run this sim?

I've followed the guides and it's not working. Somthing called BETA should at least run with bugs, but I cant even see the F&&*&ing bugs.

I want help NOW.

or I'm retracting my paypal payment.

2. joker68

joker68 Registered

Have you tried to run as admin? Folder permissions, perhaps?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

First of all... wind your neck in and lose your sense on entitlement and aggressiveness. How about you ask for a solution in a calm manner and people may want to help. If you threaten those that make this sim with refunds, giving them ultimatums, that just makes you come across as aggressive. Stop stamping your feet and ask the questions politely?

4. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

+1
    stay calm, this isn't a good system to obtain a responses.. ;-)

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah go ask a refund 'IT man'. if you find it impossible to interact in a normal fashion when a beta is out for not even a week then go online on xboxLive and have fun with the other 'omg you suck' 'no you suck'-people.

Have a nice day.

6. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Why dont you all F&*^& off ??

Hows that ?

I'm not stamping my feet, im frustrated with having to sort out simple issues from the word go.. When I release a BETA version of software, I at least present a version of Software files that work for testing purposes.

Wind your neck in and stop bowing down to people becuase they made ya dream come true with software thats 2 years late.

Noobs.

7. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

I have the monoco track and cars working now.

just cant install the renault files.

Thanks for the suggestion and please ignore my so called attitude. Your the only one so far thats tried to help.

Thanks.

8. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

LOL

Thread delivers right there.

To anyone else, do not bother feeding the troll, not worth it.

Manners cost nothing.

/thread.

9. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Dont start with me pal. Your in the wrong place to be making childish statments such as "IT MAN". LOL

You may be happy with sub standard support, im not. And because I understand how BETA is meant to work, your always be in the dark and lead up the garden path.

Here's some home work for you:

BETA
    UAT
    Model Office.

Get reading the above quotes and then your understand why I'm pissed off the the dev team.

Now you have a nice day reading up on BETA testing.

Muppet.

10. tastyweat

tastyweat Registered

Interesting how someone who "works in IT" and suggests that they're a software engineer can't even construct a bug report, let alone get a simple piece of software to work when there are plain and simple instructions available on the very forum you're posting in. You are also unaware of run as admin and folder permissions? Why lie, it's not productive?

I'm new to rfactor, a real software engineer and got it working without the instructions first time without issue.

Your horrific attitude is not a reasonable way to garner help.

Post complete information about the trouble you are having in a non-inflamatory fashion and I'm sure someone will offer you help. Continue to abuse others from your keyboard and you won't get very far.

11. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Are you fro real?

Have you seen how many people are pissed off with this BETA??

Have a look on youtube and this site for a list of issues that goe way beyond a normal BETA model.

12. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I think something is wrong or you're doing something out of sequence, because I had no problem with download speeds of the mods (torrent was the best option) or in installing the mods. It's safe to say, from reading all the posts, that a great majority of people also had little problem setting things up.

Seems odd, now, that you can install one mod and not the other. Maybe we're looking at a path problem or something similar.

Alan

13. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

My initial post was aimed at the developers NOT any members.

Also, the files im having trouble with are corrupted. You may have received non-corrupted files, but mine are corrupt and incomplete.

Is that my fault?

Well done for jumping on the band wagan and having a pop at me, your as bad as the suppliers.

BTW, whats a troll? an beast that sits under bridges and jumps out on people?

Thats what you have done today. Jumped out and put the boot in.

Have a nice time with your sim, your luckl to have it working.

14. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Path is fine, the mods show up in the list? Just cant install them. I'm downloading again via http.

Not installing torrent agents on my server. Had loads of issues in the past with leaching, not going there again.

ISI, sort these files out for your customers.

Please.

R.

15. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

All permissions are sweet. Some mods load, others fail.

Thanks for your help.

Your a star.

16. Superbee

Superbee Registered

Out of the blue, what are the size of your rfmod files... They should look like this... If not the download might have been corrupted...Also what about uninstall/reinstalling the whole thing and see what it does... User data are better to be kept in the main directory as was told by Tim on another thread... Worked great for me...

Chill... ;)

View attachment 622

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

edit: Gimpy is right, dont feed the troll

If its indeed the files beeing corrupted and a new download fixes it i will be laughing my ass off :p

18. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I think you need to look up the meaning of 'beta' or sod off back to iracing.
    This forum is getting full of cry baby ***** like you.

19. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

Thanks mate.

All working fine now. The files were different sizes and must have been corrupted as expected.

Thanks.

Nice sim so far. Very good force feedback.

My system is struggling to run it all maxed out:

2600K 4.6G
    AMD HD6990
    1600Mhz mem (8G)

Will get better when drivers are sorted for GPU (works better on 1 GPU - using Radeon Pro to drop crossfire)

Many thanks for your support.

20. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Registered

YEA, your a funny guy.

Files were corrupted but they were still reported as rfmod files?

noob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.