VehicleClassSetting="_unknown_base_vehicle_class_"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BoothJoe, Jun 24, 2016.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Running the Eve F3s, every setup file I save has this line at the beginning:

VehicleClassSetting="_unknown_base_vehicle_class_"

I downloaded an svm file from someone and the one they had said:

VehicleClassSetting="EVE_F3"

My other saved setups for other cars don't have the unknown base vehicle class value for VehicleDlassSetting. The downloaded version with EVE_F3 would not show up in the garage until I changed it, too, to the unknown_base_vehicle_class_ value. It happens at several tracks (Monte Carlo 66, Road America, etc.).

It seems to work, but that just can't be right. Ideas?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Perhaps an upgrade you've selected is 'breaking' the class ?

You should be able to see all setups by pressing the Vehicle/All button on the setup page (hope I got those words right/close). So when the game's confused about which ones are compatible it doesn't matter.

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I have no idea what screen you are talking about. This is an Eve F3. If I select the car and go to Tuning, the only option is a change of wheel rims. I can find no "All" button on any window I go into...Tuning, race setup, session setup, etc. Any car I pick and save the settings for tells me it is "unknown base vehicle class."

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the Garage, Setups, there's a button below the list of folders & setups that either says "Vehicle" or "All". If you click it, it'll switch to the other. So one only shows setups for your car, the other shows all files. That *may* help you load setups that you know are for your car but the game is confused about.

I'm not familiar with the Eve to be honest, was just taking a guess on what might change its apparent class for the game. No idea what it's doing there.

5. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I eventually stumbled upon it. It didn't help the problem though. Every time I do a vehicle setup save, the svn file says VehicleClassSetting="_unknown_base_vehicle_class_" instead of VehicleClassSetting="EVE_F3". I'm going to try a reinstall from Steam and see what happens.

6. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

A complete uninstall/reinstall of RF2 did nothing to fix the issue. The F3 svn files still show VehicleClassSetting="_unknown_base_vehicle_class_".

7. Emery

Emery Registered

It depends on whether the setup was made with the F3 Community mod or the ISI original. ISI original setups have "_unknown_base_vehicle_class_" in their files and the F3 Community mod has "EVE_F3". That's the only difference between the files, so copy and paste as needed to fix. matf1 did it that way on purpose when he created the Community package.