VEH files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Art_Pereira, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Hi guys,
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find the topic. Is there a way to edit a VEH file so, for instance, I want the car I am painting to use Michelins instead of Dunlops?

Thanks for your helps! :)

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Physics:
    VEH points to HDV which defines the TBC which defines the TGM.
    Graphically:
    Textures are set by Material per mesh. Some are Wildcarded (although for wheel blur animation this is probably not the case). Some meshes get swapped out with upgrades (you likely would have found this already), or set by Genstring (this is probably your best avenue to explore, it is in the VEH).

3. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Hi,

THanks for your answer. I know what´s inside a VEH file. However, I could not find a way to get an original VEH file, edit it and see the modifications shown in the car. For instance, if the original car uses Dunlop tires and in the VEH I have the choice of changing this to Michelins, I must change a 1 for a 2, for instance. Now, where to I save the edited VEH file? I tried to save it into the F:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\ER_Endurance_Series_rF2\2018 Porsche #91 folder, for instance, and the car is still using Dunlops. I changed the name of the original VEH to the name of the new skin, but with no results.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You don't. You would have to do it in devmode, you can't edit the cars that are included in the mod.

5. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

or make a new upgrades file that will show two options for the sidewalls

6. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Thanks for your answers, guys! Unfortunately, I just want to paint cars and have the chance to change their options, but I don´t have enough knowledge as to deal with upgrades files and all that kind of stuff :)

Reiche likes this.