Released Vauxhall Astra BTCC

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2022.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I wish only DLC and more and more tracks, I will buy them all :)

2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have all without exception of S397 content including eprix.

I never bought on sale, I'm not bragging about it, that's just how it happened.

I agree that from the moment we have hardware that is worth a total of several thousand euros, it's a bit strange and inappropriate to complain about the price of rFactor 2 software or these DLCs.

However, I find your post inappropriate and condescending.

Not everyone can (and shouldn't) spend so much on hardware (spending money on family is fine too), and although it's a lot cheaper, some people with in general not very efficient hardware cannot buy all the DLCs.

Each of these means (I could have bought myself a 4090.... But my children would have been less spoiled for Christmas, for example. It's also a question of priorities.).

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I understand that the life is not the same for everyone.
    I'm sorry to say the things like that.
    I have to admit that 5€ for a BTCC car could be a lot of money for someone, and he may be not eat for one week to buy this DLC.
    For apologize, I will offer the next DLC to someone who can't buy it, and I suggest everybody who has the money does the same thing, so the simracing Christmas with rFactor2 will be beautiful.

I have made a lots of posts about bugs or issues but I have never cried about the price of all the DLC, and if one day I complain about the price, it means I have to look elsewhere, it means I have no more the simracing passion, and as asimracing fan, I wish more DLC and the price is 100% fair for the work they have done.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@AlexHeuskat but who are you talking to/about? There's little talk of cost in this thread.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sorry I was drunk....and I was looking at 'John Wick' film....

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

You should stop dropping them, you might break one.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

It's raining cars, thus we have DLC droplets. Or droppings even.
    In 2022 sim netspeak, content drops. Prior to that, it was simply released.

8. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Another difference is the DLC-system. While in the majority of the other games, when DLC's are bundled together, what you already own will be removed, price-wise from the bundle you buy.
    That's not a thing in the Steam Store. I am very much sure that if people who bought standalone things for rF2, got a relative discount on packs that includes some already owned items, it wouldn't be a big deal. That's not something S397 can do however, as the Steam store is what it is.

Regarding price increases - it might be that Kunos have changed pricing to align with the new Steam recommendations for game pricing. I know that for Norway, Steam now recommend a price increase of 45-55%!

PirroC likes this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

As In for example what Race Room does. If you already have the content of what ever pack you bought, It will be reduced from the content you´re about to buy. This Is Indeed a very reasonable approach.

Other then that, a lot of people are waiting for the winter sale on Steam (Dec 22nd) to spend there money on. Personally I think It´s a good opportunity for any publisher to promote there product. Specially the older DLC´s In S397´s case.

I am ok with the new upcoming products DLC´s such as this, but I do think that these Steam sales (winter sale) are not being more profitable on behalf of S397/MSG aside from the usual price reduction sale of the core rFactor 2 game. Which Indeed Is good too, but the DLC´s (older ones) just gives a good jump start to new comers that don´t have these DLC¨S If they were on sale. Same would go for the new BTCC DLC´s, It´s a second chance to jump Into the hype.

Either way, I am happy to see this new content come Into the loop!

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    PirroC likes this.
  10. trichens

trichens Registered

It would be nice if Steam were to offer as well as the car and track packs, a discount if you buy two or more individual items?
    So buy three items and get a £2 discount. I would have thought that this could be comparatively easy for Steam to arrange.
    To keep a premium on new items these could be removed from the discount options for a period?

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

"Q4 bonus drop", is it free if we already have bought the Q4 ?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Answered on the first page.

It's a bonus drop for Q4 - normally one drop per quarter, this is an extra (bonus) one. It's not free.

pascom likes this.
  13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I just bought this an hour ago... Oh wow I love it! Can't believe it, I've bought both this and the Porsche and im genuinely knocked out by both! This is so much more nibble than the toyota on exactly the same setup (and I mean exact, I checked every single value!), I just get such consistantg laps in this and with the Toyota im constanly wrestling! This is much less bullish and understeery than the toyota (sorry i keep mentioning the toyota, its the only other touring car i've tested it with back to back and I thought it would be the most similar comparison), the turn in is so much more pointed and confident!

Im so happy I like the drive on this as I grew up with Astras, from the Mrk 1 through 3 generations of it in my family, then fords, then Kia's. So its got a special place in my heart! (I actually managed to snap the antiroll bar on my second Mrk 2 through cornering it so hard).

I love this!
    I can't wait for LFM to get this car & The Porsche on their servers, its gunna be fecking epic!!!

Thanks for the Crimbo pressy S397, I know what im doing over Crimbo and new year now!

atomed likes this.
  14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Now If we could only get the pit exit fixed at Croft. Seeing how the AI bash against each other on pit exit Is painful!

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes mate! I'll second, third, forth, fith and multiply by a million that!!!

I'm told by the staff here that they are aware of it, as I asked for a fix and got this reply from @Alex Sawczuk (forum admin):

"It's not a content fix I'm afraid. And I did post that previously. It's symptomatic of deeper issues with the ai code and them being unaware of cars driving on different paths."

So I replied with this exactly one week ago today:

"Thanks very much for the reply!

So its not something likely to get fixed until the next update i suppose then? I know big strides have been made this year with long standing A.I. issues which have been so long awaited and so much appreciated! So is this something that can be addressed with build updates to existing AI code or is it more a case of the entire A.I. code needing a complete overhaul?

There are also big problems with A.I. at ovals when using the Indycar IR 18, pretty much impossible as no matter how much room you give them they will still kinda ignore you and bump you into a big smash."

So far I've had no answer on that. I love the new content and I've brought pretty much all of it but I really must say I don't like buying stuff and then finding out its broken, we need the A.I. fixed as soon as! What this sim needs most is A.I. fixed and decent multiplayer. Luckily we have LFM now, but the inbuilt multiplayer and single player A.I. is holding this sim back like a straight jacket and has been for too long!

If these can be sorted out I have high hope's for next year, all going well!

MikeV710 likes this.
  16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thanks Paul, I might have missed that post. Getting old I guess :eek:
    Let´s hope It gets fixed sooner then later, I really like Croft.

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Its definately gotta be one of the most awkward pit exits of any track to be fair, either they'd have to fudge some code just specifically for it i guess, or (and this is what im hoping for) there's a massive A.I. overhaul being worked on that would cover this problem and all manner of other A.I. flaws. I really hope for the latter!

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Chinook Helicopters Paul...they fly down the main straight, open the rear door and then you deploy a drag chute to pull your car out of the Chinook, already traveling about 150mph!!!

19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

And explosions right! Gotta have explosions!

davehenrie likes this.
  20. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

One of the best Car in rf2...
    [​IMG]