Released Vauxhall Astra BTCC

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

memoNo1, Emery, atomed and 13 others like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

very good !
    is it right or left wheel side and FWD or RWD?
    I only miss a FWD car with left wheel side.

Vauxhall_Astra_BTCC_02_720p.jpg

3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

FWD left side.

Mydriaz likes this.
  4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

oh Now I'm done, the job is done ! So good !
    The only car I miss

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

well, that and the HONDA and the Cupra...

6. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

does this "bonus drop" means it will be free for q4 drop owners?

PirroC likes this.
  7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Which means only folks who bought the Q4 pack would get the bonus? I don´t think so...

I have bought almost everything In the Q4, except the eTrack. They would then have to track down every purchase and see who Is eligible for such bonus which would In turn be a waste of time and resources I would think. Maybe a two car pack at a discount would be more likely as a holiday gift.

If not, for the price of a couple of sodas you get a car, and help S397 as I see It.

Looking forward to the Cupra :)

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Yes, to confirm this will be a standard, paid DLC drop. Cheers

9. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Oh.This is getting quite fragmented and complicated when it comes to buying stuff.

All in the spirit of Christmas:

The Great Apt likes this.
  10. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Yup that's a pass from me -
    "Guys, here's the content pack for BTCC"
    "Guys, here's another BTCC car (BMW), to confirm this will be a standard, paid DLC drop. Cheers"
    "Guys, here's another BTCC car (Astra), to confirm this will be a standard, paid DLC drop. Cheers"

This isn't just about cost, it's about the principle (as I see it); you're nickle-and-diming.

2ndLastJedi and Myrvold like this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

too much cars, not enough tracks at all....I only drive the Paid DLC (not formula E tracks, I find they are the worst in the world) and I have only 10 tracks.....it's vey minimalist.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think it's pretty simple. If you've got the previous Q1-Q4 packs or just the BTCC stuff you will be able to buy this Chirstmas pack at no risk in missing out or anything. But if you have't bought anything and are patient enough I think you should simply wait for the full BTCC pack that will appear one way or another. Everyone should be clever enough to make up is or her mind about what is on the table and if one should really get it. What is a tad more annoying is that they create really wierd and silly packs for the Steam sales and stuff that's very popular isn't included in the sales or discounted enough to make it an easy desicion. I would have offered the BTCC stuff during the Autumns sale as it was raced alot on LFM.

Bernat and trichens like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I always don't understant the people who cry about a few euros, when a GPU or PC or Simucube 2 cost so much.
    A few euros to use the hardware you have is nothing...

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AND all they have to do is wait. Next year there will be a full pack that covers all the little drips. Patience is all that is required.

McKiernan and trichens like this.
  15. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Patience and Simracing are mutually exclusive behaviors......

16. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

That's true, it's more the feeling that you pay quote a lot for fragmented content, that often get put in different packs, with some of the same content, so you "pay for the same" mutliple times etc.

As long as you didn't buy half of the content in a previous drop, fell out for a while, and are getting back, then you will either buy single products, or double buy some.

As a race admin, I don't like it, more and more often I see people not signing up to race because they lack small parts of the content, thats rather frustrating.
    I'm buying everything anyway, someone has to, to make ServerUnlock files for the servers...

trichens and The Great Apt like this.
  17. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

No one is crying, stop being so infantile; if anything the discussion so far has been reasonable. If a player 'like me' (sitting on a couple of £ks worth of gear) is compaining about how S397 release their content it might be worth considering that there is more than just a financial objection being raised.

There have been 4 BTCC packs and (unless I'm mistaken) 2 discrete cars released, this means that if you want to race online, you will invariably need to buy all of the content. Thsi also means that the content you recently bought is pretty much worthless now because of the way S397manage their content. Yeah some will buy the content regardless, I used to to support S397; I don't anymore. If I could take part online with any one car from the series I'd had bought the whole thing, but the requirement to own all of it is not a situation I'm willing to accept.

To quote Myvold:
    I'm one of those who've taken their online engagement elsewhere. Some have done the same, some have continued to buy as it comes out. Some see it as an investment while I, personally, feel somewhat like a slowly boiled frog; I pretty much see this as a subscription-lite model if you want to race online.

I don't care which side of the arguement people fall on, I'm just raising a voice saying that 'no, not eveyone is happy with this'.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The wierd thing is that people still think that they buy stuff twice and have two 911 in their garage. That's not how it works. For example, I bought the first Kartsim DLC, wich would lead me to "buying certain items twice", but it doesn't matter at the end. The important thing for me is how the price for the packs is setup and then I decide if I buy a pack or not. Certain items might appear twice in my Steam inventory (I don't even think that this is possible?!) but it has zero effect. AC has exactly the same content structure like rF2 btw and no one gives a f*ck if you need all the content on the server. And the reason for this is pretty simple - AC is just that much cheaper. The problem for S397 is that rF2 is their main source of income so that they can fund development. And that's the reason why they can't give away their DLC at the prices like Kunos. Interestingly, Kunos has increased their prices for ACC wich allready led to discussions on RD if I remember correctly. I don't get it tbh. Yesterday I bought a virtual amp collection for my guitar for 200 bucks and I am not rich by any means being a poor student. I just know how much I have on the bank account and that's it. Then I decide if it's worth it or not.

And now a little example for the math experts to clear this up all and for once: I have car a and b and they might start to offer a pack with a, b, c and d. While the pack will still be cheaper than buying d and c individually I obviously buy the pack. Sometimes people make it alot harder than it actually is. That's what I also did for Q4. I thought about not getting the FE track but all bundles and prices were setup in a way that getting Q4 was still the cheapest option. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy. You just have to know if you can afford it or not, as with everything in life. :)

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

go find a job, even at McDonald's, I have bought rtx 4090, simucube 2, you can do the same, and you will buy each DLC :)
    If you cry for a quarter release at 25€, omg, sad life.....

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Your post shows great maturity.
    Do you proofread before posting?