[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Another day another update, so i have been working over the weekend with other projects and littlebit of this project, so what i have done this time, i tuned up the Matra V12 external sound a bit and also did.

1 Added IBL/PRB shaders for the carrims for all the cars, @jymp

F1 1982 Mod Cars 110.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 111.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 112.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 113.png

So now rims have a chrome texture to them as expected and are not matte anymore.

2. I finished LCD screens for the Lotus and Tyrell

F1 1982 Mod Cars 108.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 109.png

So basically with Lotus i had to change the LCD texture and map it bit differently.
    But with Tyrell i had to remap the UVmap for the LCD screen itself but after bit of experimenting, like getting the text being reversed and so on i managed to do it

The LCD screens did not work at all for Lotus and Tyrell even in Rfactor 1 so i fixed that.

3. I retextured the Toleman albeit at somepoint i should just redo the whole cars UV map as its utterly broken. so i changed the frontend textures on the pirellilogos and stuff like that to have a color that more matches the whole car.
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 114.png

4. I already did the new shaders for the backflames but now they work as expected with nice effects if you put the post effects on.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 115.png

Thats what i have been working since the last update. I will continue the work tomorrow again.

bigbad, Hazi, GPNeville and 5 others like this.
  2. EmperorOfFinland

Okay its been almost 2 weeks. so what i have been working on, well i have been fixing up Eläintarharata, i have been also fixing up the GP 1937 mod so that has been eating out time on working on F1 1982 League Edition.

However i have been learning new stuff that i can integrate into the new version.

I finished the 3.0L NA Cosworth engine Qualifying engine,

Ie the normal engine has about 510hp and the qualiengine has 530hp but will be balanced to last 1-3 laps. However im thinking on the best way to do this so i dont exactly know what is the best way of going about on it. Ie do i use the old enginemodel or the new one, the main problem being that i have difficulty on adding a wear to the engine from mixture so that means the engine tends to not wear out with quali enginemix, the old engine allows me to have qualifying engine with a boost selection but i intend to make it as punishing as possible so you cant just flick it on on a race or you will melt your engine instantly.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 118.png
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 119.png

Then i have also finished the Fittipaldi Driverskin for Chico Serra

F1 1982 Mod Cars 121.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 120.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 122.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 123.png

I also have finished the ferrari shaders for the whole car.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 125.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 124.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 126.png

Dont worry about the little stubs of the legs poking out of the cars nose where the numbers are, i will fix it when i figure out how to generate new animationfile or learn how to rig the models better. Ofcourse help on this would be greatly appreciated as with current set of programs its really hard thing to do.

So it will be fixed for the release version, im just merely rigging the driver how the driver should be on car.

I think i will also look on how to get the helmets working as intended and give them new shaders in the process. i dont still know how the helmets are properly made so i can reference the right basetextures so i can upgrade their shaders when required.

I will have a betatest in 30.1.2022 at the CSI servers where i will provide the links for betatesting where you can join in and take part on the test, the testing will start at 19:00 CET and will run a race at jacrepagua where you can test the car at its current form, i will be using the data to basically start balancing the NA and Turbo car together on different tracks before i start testing it more than that.

I still need to discuss with benborp how i will change the cars physics so it lines up with the 6.0cm rideheight as the rideheight currently is couple CM more than that. but that probably requires me to use graphical offset and other stuff on the car.

So in princible the mods physics are quite well done already and they are fun to drive. and 5 teams have their shaders done for the cars already, i will probably fix up the tireshader soon too so its IBL/PBR but i need to generate couple maps for it.

But i put a request for someone to generate templates and reskin the cars as only thing i can really do without templates is to AI upscale the old skins, you can contant me for the skins and i will mention you as the person who made the skins so you get full credit from that as it should be. I just want the mod to look as good as possible but unfortunately im not that gifted on making skins for cars.

This is the old skin
    [​IMG]

Here is the endresult after the upscale, its nowhere near perfection where it should really be but its the only alternative for recreating the skins currently based on what i know about the AI upscaling in general.

[​IMG]

Ofcourse there is artefacts on the upscale so i need to sort thouse out or just wait until the technology improves.

I will probably make a video about the monthly progress too at the end of the month.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    svictor, GPNeville, bears and 7 others like this.
  3. EmperorOfFinland

So another day and another update, so i have been working on the mod quite extensively,

I did ligier shaders for the car for both models of the car

JS17B

F1 1982 Mod Cars 129.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 130.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 131.png

JS19

F1 1982 Mod Cars 132.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 133.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 134.png

I also have added boostgauges for all cars for the NA cars what did not have a turbo, i replaced the least useful meter with the turbo boost gauge

F1 1982 Mod Cars 135.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 127.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 128.png

So i did add them to all of the cars so all of them that had a way to integrate them easily have them now.

I have also put the mod into a testserver where i will be logging laptime data on jacrepagua circuit for finetuning the cars.

You can ask to join on the closed betatest from me by sending a message to me on here. all you have to do is to report bugs and lap the circuit and have fun while doing it.

bears, GPNeville, jymp and 1 other person like this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

lagg and atomed like this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

Man streaming while modding is a great idea, cheers to that.

6. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i have finished my work for today, so what i managed to do today,

Well i managed to get the lotus shaders and textures updated for the car

F1 1982 Mod Cars 137.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 138.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 139.png

The drivermodel is a placeholder as i have not yet gotten into making the driverskin for the drivers, i will do them after i finish up the shaders for the rest of the cars so i dont need to edit the cars after that.

Then i managed to finish up the march

F1 1982 Mod Cars 140.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 141.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 142.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 143.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 144.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 145.png

GPNeville, vava74 and Mauro like this.
  7. EmperorOfFinland

But i also managed to finish the mclaren, i splitted the post to 2 as there is alot of pictures and i can only upload 10 pictures at once.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 146.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 147.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 148.png

8. EmperorOfFinland

And as a eagleeyed reader has maybe noticed i spent around 2-3 hours on generating a new IBL/PRB compatible tiresurface for the tire and i also mapped it so you get the raintiretexture when you pick the raintires.

So the wear of the tires starting from 100% durability tires.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 149.png
    75%
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 150.png

50% F1 1982 Mod Cars 151.png

25% F1 1982 Mod Cars 152.png

0% F1 1982 Mod Cars 153.png

Then the raintire at 100%

F1 1982 Mod Cars 154.png

75%
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 155.png

50% F1 1982 Mod Cars 156.png

25% F1 1982 Mod Cars 157.png

0% F1 1982 Mod Cars 158.png

All of thease additions will be added to the betatest once i finish up the rest of the cars and i will update the mod at that point. Albeit i might need help on reskinning the cars and reuvmapping and generating new tiretextures as currently the tire is splitted to 2 different textures when the game expects just one.

Hazi, GPNeville, GeraArg and 7 others like this.
  9. pkelly

pkelly Registered

That attention to detail is impressive,EoF. You certainly are passionate with your maturing modding skills. I have enjoyed the journey of your endeavors. Bravo!

Corti likes this.
  10. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i finished 3/4 of the tiresidewalls, eventually i will merge the objects but currently i atleast have the textures made so i can reuse them for the combined tire if i endup needing it.

Avon
    I had to remake the lettering for the avon tire as it looked too jagged.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 159.png

Goodyear
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 160.png

Michelin F1 1982 Mod Cars 161.png

Thats all for today, i only have the pirelli tires to be done and then i probably push an update on the betaversion and take some time off from modding, probably a week or so to keep some vacation from it.

datasting, svictor, Corti and 3 others like this.
  11. EmperorOfFinland

Okay its been almost 2 weeks but dont worry i like to annouce something, i will start the closed test races for the F1 1982 As i finished the shaders for all the existing cars. so now we have it all.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 189.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 190.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 191.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 192.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 193.jpg

So today there will be a test race starting at 19:00 finnish time so in 1h 15 minutes approximately, you can join to CSI discord to get the closed beta mod and lap the circuit and throw up a race for the cars to see how they go.

https://discord.gg/QEhesCmJm5 for the discord and just talk to me over there to get access to the server name. i will mostlikely call it [CSI]F1 82test@Jacr when the race begins.

I will be sitting on the voicechannel so i can help you on getting into the server and testing stuff.

Obbzy_XR_, trollray, vava74 and 4 others like this.
  12. EmperorOfFinland

Okay the first test race has been finished for the cars. It was really fun on the track itself. Although the wall of champions claimed alot of victims on practice and qualifying

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1307396080

Here is the whole session.

So in terms of montreal, it seems the na car is faster there than the turbo car and it seems the cars are able to drive on montreal without a frontwing quite well

The turbocar surprisingly was not the fastest car around this track but we only had one turbocar driver so there might have been faster turbocar drivers if we had more drivers.

The next race will be on next tuesday at the usual 19:00 Practice, 20:00 Qualifying and 21:30 warmup and 21:45 Race Finnish time. The track will be one of thease 3 probably, Dijon, Ă–sterreichring, Monza

13. EmperorOfFinland

OKay i have been working on the cars for 2 weeks in general, so there is test races on every tuesday for 4 weeks from now on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the dates for the races and the circuits, you can join on practicing and driving the races on the discord at https://discord.gg/QEhesCmJm5

Im using the races to balance up the cars, the cars are basically fully functional racecars at this point, there is just some tweaking to be done on the physics of the cars. otherwise they are basically what they will be in the future.
    so id say the mod is around 75% percent complete at this point.

Things to work on are,
    1: Creating new skins for the drivers and cars and new textures if required.
    2: Adding animated drivermodels for all the cars, currently 25% of them have animated drivermodel already in.
    3: Fixing and polishing the cars in general, especially the worsequality added cars. and i have already been doing it with the other models, i already fixed the cockpit of the Alfa 179D mostly. and i did also fix BT49D a while ago earlier so that means i need to fix the Ensign carmodel probably almost completely, and then i have to fix the toleman model or just use a better model car myself. Also add a new arrows model for the cars and put that together too.
    4: Tweak the added sounds for the cars and generate better soundsources for couple of the cars for example the new outside matra sound and alfaromeo v8 turbo sound.
    5: General balancing of the 1.5L Turbo and 3.0L NA cars so that it generates exciting battles and races and generally makes it balanced but also keeps the differences of the season.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 201.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 197.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 198.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 199.jpg

F1 1982 Mod Cars 200.jpg

So i would greatly appreciate the help on balancing on the cars, the only reason why i dont release a public beta yet is that i dont think the mod is good enough to be put out to the wild yet. you can join to the closed beta though and race them on test races, there will be a championship when the cars are finished.

The cars are really fun but quite demanding to drive so it will be quite a hard learning curve to drive them. but they do produce close racing as they are now and are a blast to drive even at the current unfinished state.

I would just hope to fill up the grids with the cars so i could use all that data to balance up the cars as there seems not to be enough people wanting to do that right now.

Keep in mind you can join to driving already but keep in mind that stuff might be and will be broken still and im doing my best to getting it fixed as fast as i can but there is still alot of stuff to do. As if i get the balance corrected then i can put full focus on finishing the graphical aspects of the mod instead of spending much more time on the physics side.

As this is mostly a one man project per said i just dont have enough time to work any faster even if i have gotten help from benborp, postipate and woodee on the modmaking.

So basically if you want to join to racing you can but keep in mind it might take 3 months or more to finish up the mod.

pascom and Mauro like this.
  14. jepeto

jepeto Registered

sound of 1.5T is very nice; thanks so lot for it
    the 3.0 L V8 is not what i prefer because sound is a purgatory to me

15. jepeto

jepeto Registered

hi you work so lot and you need help
    my known is not enough important for that, sorry
    i hope you ll find testers before to push the button

16. EmperorOfFinland

there is actually quite few of the sounds around for the cars. i just dont have a better ford cosworth sound at my hands currently. so it is there as i knew where there was sound for that.

also yesterday, i did add some fixes and new things.

0.396 Adds a VR visor for all cars and it also adds new shaders for the rest of the driver helmets so they have rain now and the windshields should have rain too on the windshielded cars. Contains bugfixes for couple textureerrors too.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 202.png

So i adapted an existing vr visor from chief wiggums 1985 mod so now all the cars have a vr visor. i might have to create a texture for it for the sponsordecals for the strip on the helmet to get it just nice.

I also added the raindrops and shaders to all helmets so now we have rain on the helmet visors, i just need to figure out how to animate it properly as its bit unclear how to do it.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 203.png

Well atleast the next race is on next tuesday at the normal times i posted on last post, at dijon.

17. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i have updated the mod again,

0.397 Updates the windshields with proper mappings for the cars and adds the veh_ripple_maps so all cars expect the ensign have raindrops flowing on the car. I also adjusted the renault audio to a V12 NA engine on the NA version of the car. Also now we have new icons for the cars by Mauro we will redo some of the car icons when the cars are finished but for most of the cars the icons are final.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 206.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 207.png
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 208.png
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 209.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 210.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 211.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 212.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 213.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 214.png

Continued on the second post

datasting, svictor and GPNeville like this.
  18. EmperorOfFinland

And more pictures

F1 1982 Mod Cars 215.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 216.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 217.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 218.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 219.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 220.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 221.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 222.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 223.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 224.png

Continued on next post

19. EmperorOfFinland

F1 1982 Mod Cars 225.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 226.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 227.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 228.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 229.png

Thats all, i have updated the mod on workshop too and the simrace on dijon is today at 18:00 UTC+1 starting its a fulldistance race so 305km

F1 1982 Mod Cars 230.png

New icons are visible here so all the cars have icons now.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Obbzy_XR_, datasting, vava74 and 3 others like this.
  20. jepeto

jepeto Registered

merci, time of response of the turbo is really long . Isn t possible to accelerate it ? like renault f1 team i like