Various issues in our league.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Axly, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Axly

Axly Registered

We're driving a League (BTCC rules, Honda Civic) with 19 drivers and we have encountered some strange behaviour we'd like to share.

- I'm alone at the track when I join.
    On several instances, and affecting several of us (at least 5 drivers affected, 3 times for me, several for the others during the past race night of 3 races and 18 drivers). As we join the race it looks as if you are alone on the track. We have to exit and join again to fix it, also happened as server switched between sessions so not only when joining.

- Various crashes/hangs.
    We're not quite sure of the reason, it affected almost all of us, and equally whether we use plugins or not (suspected trackmap at first) and we now have a suspicion that skins loading might be a culprit as the frequency of crashes is a lot higher right after joining and skins are propagating.

- Skins in replays reverts to default skins.
    Sure, minor detail and I suppose that can be solved by packing all skins with all tracks in a new mod? Cumbersome at best.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

3. Axly

Axly Registered

doh.. I thought I posted this in bug reports.. my bad, perhaps it could be moved there.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

We had the various crashes/hangs from almost all drivers in last Sundays league event, twice for me during qualifying. I had skins turned off before 2nd crash so can rule that out.
    After the server admin restarted server, everyone was fine again. But then it started happening again just before the 2nd race, so another restart was needed.
    We never had the driving alone on the track bug but.