Variable DampingHeatEnergy in .tgm

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Radek Sirc, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Hi, I have one simple question.
    I found the variable DampingHeatEnergy in [Realtime] section of .tgm file, which is not explaned in "TGM TYRE TOOL QUICK START". This variable contains three values. What exactly and how is managed by these values?
    Thx for answer.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From the skipbarber files:

DampingHeatEnergy=(1.0,0.4,0.8) // (Fraction of ring damping heat into sidewall (should probably be 1.0), fraction of bristle damping heat into carcass, fraction of bristle damping heat into tread) the 2nd and 3rd values should generally add up to 1.0

The BFGoodrich_g-ForceSport_195-55-R15x7.tgm is commented, mostly.

3. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Sorry, I didn´t see, that it is explained in the .tgm file in Skip Barber Mode. Thank you for it in any case.

I´m still looking for some way how to make difference of cooling of the tires on the wet and dry track. But I can´t find any variable, which is able to provide more effectivity of tire cooling in the water. Maybe should it be managed by third value of GroundConductance variable in the future ( // (base, mult, RESERVED)? But at this moment I´m not able to see any way how to make it when tepmerature of wet and dry track is always the same. Or exist some alternative way to provide it?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, I think that's a gap in the current system. Might have to wait for a complete rework of weather vs realroad for the track temperature to actually reflect local conditions, and for water to exist and play a part - but that'll probably also mean proper aquaplaning. I'm sure ISI will get there one day, but it could be 3 months and it could be 8 years. Who knows.

5. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Yes, I completely agree. For me the system "RealRoad" in relationship to weather is the biggest problem of rF2 today. I mean especially water cumulation on the track during rain always up to 100% of dampness, nonfunctional changes of track temperatures in case of using any weather plugin and so on. It means not only the impact of weather changes is very schematic for players, but especially for moders is creating of full functional wet tires really "mission impossible" in this situation. But it´s not the subject of this thread. This problems should be discussed in their own thread somewhere very high on the list of the most wanted steps, which should be priority focused by ISI developers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016