V8 Supercars

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MarcG, May 3, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Any other LOVERS out there? Got addicted to these brutes in 2005 and not missed a race since, watched as much of the Bathurst 1000 Live as I could every eyar before my eyes failed me (starts about midnight our time).
    Kelly Racing fan as I love JD but not too sure about their switch next season, Holden man you see even though I like Fords as well :p

Reckon Whincup has got a run for his money this season in Will, Frosty needs a couple strong results too to get going again but I'm sure he'll be a threat later in the season.

(Loved V8Factor/Unleashed for rF1 and hope ORSM eventually get around to modding for RF2!)

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'm a casual fan of this series. We don't get it televised over here so I can only follow it over the net. It really is some great racing.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

final laps of Race 3 at Barbagallo were immense!

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I have no idea how Davison hung on to that one.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

his tires must've been shot! superb stuff

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

my god I love Hidden Valley, fantastic track and provided some suberp racing this past weekend. Special credits to Caruso for that brilliant drive on the Sunday and Lowndes overall.

7. Alvin8100

Alvin8100 Registered

Me also one of them...love it.
    It really is some great racing.

8. Baderic

Baderic Registered

I am fan of v8 cars. But i don't have, and it give me hurt. I have plan to convert my corolla in v8,mean wrap and bumper shapes etc. what you think is it good idea?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So what do we think of 2013 so far.

Scott McLaughlin, 19 years old, 6 outings and he claims his first win. :)

10. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Loving the performance of the NZ drivers :D I'm a huge Nissan fan so I can't wait for them to get their power up to the fords and holdens, they're doing really good for brand new cars that are down on power. Anyone know what the story was with the ecu (timing?) issue causing all the DQs?

11. Jello

Jello Registered

Bit of an old thread, but yep I am a fan of this series & even more so now with Nissan & Merc's being involved. I guess I'm a bit old school from the days of the V8's mixing it up with other classes (remember the ATCC?) so to have some new manufactures I think is a good thing as well as some of the new drivers.

12. MorganH76

MorganH76 Registered

Volvo joining in next year as well.

13. aiza55

aiza55 Registered

V8 Supercar drivers are mostly from the development series that is similar to the V8 Series. though some do come from other racing forms but mostly for the enduros. All races but two are in Australia. One round each in New Zealand and at Bahrain.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI I'm heading half way round the world to see Bathurst and the Gold Coast events...THAT'S how much I love V8SC :D

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It was ****ing AWESOME...thanks for asking!

IMAG1020.jpg

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry Marc

Nice lol

Did you get to walk the track ?

How well do you think the dipper is modeled in sims.

I did 23 Bathurst , saw Brocky win 6 times.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah walked the track, Dipper is Steeper as is the approach to Forest Elbow but only going by what I've raced in RF1/RF2 (so not laser scanned), not tried other sims.
    Simpy Amazing track, so steep when walking up Mountian Straight into the Castrol then The Cutting too, I've walked up Eau Rouge too so know how TV doesn't translate the sheer height changes that you see when you're there.

Met lots of drivers too, inculding having my breakfast cooked for me by Whincup, Lowndes & Richards + was on the Grid for the 1000 which was an incredible experience...well the whole trip was incredible!

18. coops

coops Banned

Best touring cars in the world with the worlds best mountain track. so glad FVR have made the V8's for RF2, they are working on the 2014 V8 MOD hopefully out by the start of the 2015 V8's season.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Marc and Gold Coast great perv

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

sounds like a great experience!!! man, I'm getting jealous.....

well, at least from most parts of your post, because when I read "I've walked up Eau Rouge too" my legs are starting to hurt again :p

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah the track walk took about an hour and a half but i was snapping pics all over the place! GC was good but as with all street circuits the view is limited, the V8s going over the Beach Chicance though...WOW...seeing them literally millimetres from the wall and clouting the curbs to go on two wheels or lift all four off the ground, stunning viewing!
    And the gear change BANGS, like gunshots going off one after another, no game as yet properly created that exact sound and the sheer loudness of it!

IMAG1737.jpg