V8 Supercars 2013

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by skipgamer, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I am tired of this fight completly unrelated to the topic.

Stop here, or offtopic posts will deleted and people warned.

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, the thread is cleaned of many offtopic posts.

3. DeM

DeM Registered

thank you to you max angelo

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I would say thank you to skipgamer, for his good scratch built models. :)

5. DeM

DeM Registered

model

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Don't think that was needed, DeM. It kind of seems like an attempt to get some reaction, so congrats, it worked.

See you in a week. Please come back with a better attitude.

7. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

Are you basing your models on the COTF test cars??
    Physics will be hard as no team has built a new 13 car yet and with all the changes to wheel size balance with fuel tank moved inboard will change the way the car handles alot " more like a 911" acording to Skaife.
    and engines havnt been settled yet as GM Teams have 5 options and ford 2 options binning the current 5lt units that cost too much. and ofcourse Nissan and Kelly racing doin there own powerplant.
    Models look great so far keep it up dude...... ive never wanted a year to hurry up and get here like 2013

did some one say KIA .......... maybe

8. easyt

easyt Registered

great looking model skipgamer!! any updates on this one?

9. anels9

anels9 Registered

looking brilliant skipgamer! :D

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Which, there is 2 you know. :)

I think both are among the better series in rF and I can think of oodles more mods not worth driving before them. :)

Do not forget Gavin and Krunch and co. from ORSM are testing rF2, I have not heard them say they are not doing V8
    only that Summer is for holidays.

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well in actual fact there's 3 V8 mods. 1) Adrenaline 2) FVR.Factor 3) ORSM's V8Unleashed.

The FVR mod is seams is well on the way to be carried over to rF2. Adrenaline is also moving over as far as I have see.

ORSM aren't that impressed with rF2 and are sitting it out for now. We're continuing to add content to rF1 at this time.

I've made my own point of view of rF2 know more then once here and I'm not interested in trying to work with rF2's current format. It'll have to have some really major changes before I will bother trying to work with it.

I also work for another modding group in which there is a very noticeable lack of enthusiasm towards rF2 also continuing to update rF1.

I'm sure we're far from the only mod teams that are sitting on the fence at the moment waiting for something better to come out for rF2 but we're not holding our breath. From what's been said by Tim and others from ISI, Frankenstein's monster will continue to grow and inhabit rF2. This being the case I'd say many will also stay on the fence or be looking for a new playground to play in.
    Right now that's seams to be the better option with some new modable sim formats on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I was being sarcastic HE SAID " I WONT BE DRIVING IT "

So I said which one there are 2 .............. as in 2 I would not drive and 1 I would. :p

V8 OSRM is the best hands down imho I tested drove em all.....

No matter GAVIN DID NOT SAY HE IS NOT DOING V8

That is all I said ? :p

13. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I think that Ben was talking about 1 of the three current rf1 V8 mods and how if they converted it over to rf2 he would not be driving it, if it was similar to the rf1 version (a comment I gather on the argument that broke out in this thread and got it all off topic). Doing the physics for the COTF will certainly be a challenge (big differences in car design with the current V8s)

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Ok. It didn't come across that way but no matter.

And no your right Gavin didn't say he's not doing the V8's mostly because he IS. And I am still working on them as well. There's nothing in my post that said otherwise.

I don't want to start a argument here but it seams maybe you've not read, Or misunderstood my first post. It's set in paragraphs as to not confuse the subject matter but it seams maybe you have.

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'm not sure it will be that hard Doug. Going off what Skaife and Crompton said about them and the way they drive all you'll need is a test driver who's raced or still racing in a Porsche. The way the cars are setup with the gear box and dif together at the rear, The fuel tank in front of the rear axle it all kinda equals out the weight over front and rear axles much like a Porsche does. Then it has the independent rear suspension. ( No watts link any more) This is also a Porsche thing.

16. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

No I dont think it will be hard, but it will be a challenge as in taking a different approach to doing the physics. I have spent a while tweaking physics for the FVR cars, and now have to rethink all of that :D Part of that challenge though will be getting access to data about the new cars, which hopefully will come as the cars are tested this year, and new information becomes known. And of course now getting three cars to work together, rather than just two :)

17. Radar

Radar Registered

3 cars.. mmm little bird tells me otherwise :)

18. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Yeah would not surprise me if there are more manufacturers coming :D (hmmm Volkswagen V8 Supercar LOL)

19. coops

coops Banned

i love my v8s and at the moment the first to get it into rf2 i will be playing asap... then trying others as they come and working out which 1 i like best and playing it. but for the 2013 mod i will do exactly the same... to all that are making this mod do the best you can that's all i could ask for... (gd luck on being 1st lol )

20. ROON

ROON Registered

If VW were interested, surely they'd enter their Audi marque. :cool: