V8 Supercars 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers that all makes sense.

Regarding the camber issue, firstly thanks for looking into this and secondly it is only if both the front and rear are both setup non-symmetrically. Seems fine if it is only the fronts or the rears.

BTW in advanced setup it has the option for track bar length. I thought the previous V8SC generation used a Watts linkage which is different from a track bar...?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  2. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

OK Having checked the new Symmons Plains, the trackconfig is locking the rear diff to V8 Supercar settings for that round (using the trackname Symmons Plains Raceway which was also used for an RF1 version so has been included in the trackconfig ...... we will decide what to do with our next update which is still progressing)

V8 Supercars do have a Watts Linkage and not a trackbar. But how RF1 and RF2 model a Watts Linkage is to create a single trackbar that pivots from the centre of the diff and then extends out the side of the car about 10 metres (at least when the RF1 version was converted it took this modelling and was converted). I have not seen any talk about a new way of modelling a watts linkage in RF2 that is different to the RF1 version, but if anyone knows of an alternate way to model the Watts linkage then please let me know :)

So adjusting the trackbar in essence raises and lowers the rear as per a watts linkage :)

3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Having run several league events with this mod, a few issues have come up. Some may be due to rF2, some the track, others the mod?

1) If you spin off track on to the slippery grass, the tires superheat as if you're spinning on pavement. Noted this tonight on RR1CHO's Barbagallo.
    2) There's a weird collision bug that's causing thousands of collisions in the results file. It may be related to impacts not cleanly separating body panels from the car. We can sometimes hear a rapid-fire noise that sounds like a hammer hitting metal
    3) Massive stuttering for most drivers when cars collide anywhere on the track. If there's a collision at the start we often have cars lagging then flying through the air. I really wonder if the server is causing this though.
    4) Multiple cars in some pits.
    5) Wet tires run on a dry track have huge grip and minimal wear

Otherwise, the mod is awesome and a lot of fun :)

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks for your feedback F1Fan07. Some of the issues you have mentioned we haven't heard as yet but are investigating for the patch.

1)The superheating tyres is unusual because unless there is a typo somewhere, have you experienced similar on a different track by any chance?
    2) Chasing that at the moment.
    3) Massive stuttering for most drivers when cars collide anywhere on the track. This is interesting and we will check it out as best we can. Have you seen this with any ISI mod because we haven't really done a great deal different but will investigate just in case its a silly mistake.
    4) Multiple cars in some pits. Which track did you experience this on, was there enough pit bays for the cars. Were you running your own skins. What can happen is two or three people pick the same car to paint yet they don't change the Group number therefore if 5 people put there own skins on a 888 car they would all end up in the same pit.
    5) Wet tires run on a dry track have huge grip and minimal wear which is something we are aware of and have altered for the patch.

Anyway patch is coming soon, I'm doing a track at the moment which I would like to put in the patch if possible, depends how I go. Cheers

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Looking forward to driving with the patch!

1) I'll try a different track tonight to see if I can replicate it.

3) I wouldn't spend too much time on #3. I don't recall this with other mods but we don't run a lot of rF2 and other mods were run with previous builds of rF2. Our next league event is in two weeks with a different mod so I'll be able to be sure if it's the mod or the server. If you haven't had any similar reports then it's likely an issue on our end.

4) This was at Barbagallo2013. No duplicate cars and only one custom skin. We had 12/13 cars at the time so there should've been lots of open pits.

6. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

#1 appears to be a bug in the sim. Sorry for the false alarm. I confirmed it at Mores and Lime Rock but also with the Camaro.

Drive along and flick the car sideways onto the grass... tire temps shoot up to 150-200 C as you slide across the grass.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

This wouldn't be the version up on server would it. ?

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11864-Mount-Panorama-WIP

Use the forums to defend mod principles then on the server do the other, well done whoever ! :D

Having Mount Panorama up on server is no different to posting it here or screenshots or uboob knowing people are going to ask where to get it and handing out links ....... whether you can join or not is inconsequential.

I take note FVR rfm does not include this track. :)

9. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I saw Bathurst also on some server and i really would love to drive this track with ANY car in rf2. But as far as i remember that is a beta version for some community and u get access to it if u join their site and become a supporter with donations for the site to keep the site/servers up. And as some kind of bonus u get access to test their mods which i think bathurst is one of them.

Its great to see some Aussie beasts already in rf2 and i just wanna say thank you for the coming updates. :)

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Bug

With reference to your above comment and my memory. We assign the correct pit locations (or try to) using the VEH file, memory tells me some of that info is also in the GDB (I am at work at the moment so can't confirm). It assigns the pit box in there, this may not be noticeable in all mods but would affect the V8Supercars most definitely. Now my understanding is that if everyone uses the same car to modify, for example they like the 888 team to modify, then if they don't change the group assignment then the 888 car will have Group 1, which is the first pit bay. This should be something that is assigned by the server admin to the driver otherwise if everyone does that then they load up in the same place. This occurred in rF1 as well. Now I don't race nor test them these days so I cannot confirm this is still the case, maybe someone could let me know. Maybe check with two people on the server that had a clash of cars, I'm fairly confident.

Anyway a few bugs are being rectified but I am just doing some work on a couple of bits of tracks that I would like to include in the fix patch for the cars.

11. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Is there any chance that you will release these separately ie: mod without tracks, makes the mod smaller and easier to install, then the tracks are a separate release and we won't necessarily need them to race.

SS

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hi Flash

this is definitely mod specific and it will most likely be something to do with your collision body... :)

13. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Are you saying that as an informed suggestion or as a guess. Your reference to collision body being what? The body that the cars collide into or the damage file. The collision body is just a non visible low poly model and I don't understand what bearing that can make on the mod, but I am open to suggestion as that is exactly the same as the rF1 mod and I don't believe there is much difference between the two mod files at this stage in this department. Let me know though as I am curious.

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Point taken yes.

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yeh mate im pretty sure I can explain the problem to you...I had the same thing happen back in January this year...I would prefer to do it on TeamSpeak though as I can explain it better there than a forum... so ill PM you our details

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It is sad day for Australian Motor Industry.

Holden wanted 500 million from the government over 6 years to keep running till 2022.

Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union

Ford announced in May this year it will close its Broadmeadows and Geelong facilities no later than October 2016, a move which appears to have started a domino effect.

Toyota insiders say if Holden shuts its factory, the Japanese giant will close its Altona operations where the Camry is made because the cost of locally-sourced parts will increase without the economies of scale provided by Holden.

Final Nail Today:

HOLDEN will close its Australian operations, including Elizabeth in 2017, the company has told its South Australian workforce.

In a statement, the company says it will discontinue vehicle and engine manufacturing by the end of 2017 and significantly reduce engineering operations in Australia.

About 1600 positions at the Elizabeth plant will be "impacted", the statement says, and about 2,900 across the country.

The announcement comes only one day after Holden chief executive Mike Devereux said that no final decision had been made about the company's future in Australia.

Mr Devereux will hold a press conference in Adelaide at 3.30pm

17. coops

coops Banned

a lot more than 2,900 jobs when you work out how many companies here build stuff for these cars. both holden and ford in 1 yr period = lots of jobs

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes in the 10s of thousands :(

Quote above needs to be taken with a grain of salt as it is union but yeah it won't be pretty especially if Toyota follow suit.

I think Holden's tax and carbon bill a year is more then what they wanted to guarantee manufacture till '22.

19. marto

marto Registered

PETER BROCK would be rolling in his grave

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Marto, mate, if he isn't he surely is now :(