V8 Supercars 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Well the password has remained the same since it was created so yes I would say it's probably you. Internet issues in the download, that's why we cut it into 4 pieces so you could prevent these issues. Once again - we didn't create the internet heheheheh, must be your end again. I suppose those problems you have experienced make it a bad mod. :) Maybe we could patch that..... lol.

What are the etc etc, sounds like you have more issues. Most people just download it, extract it using the password that hasn't changed and away they go. If there are more issues then please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  2. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

You just need to extract the first part of the archive. It is a multivolume archive. Extract Part 1 and it reads parts 2, 3 and 4 as it needs them. You will then have your component for installation

3. bwana

bwana Registered

problem is the password for me, may have to run my pc as admin to solve, Not bagging the mod at all Flash, Im no pc guru so its a little confusing and with slow internet ( bring on the NBN) it gets frustraqting

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

mate you shouldn't have to run as admin to put the password into a rar file. What you will need though is a copy of Winrar. Double click on the first file and extract it. It will ask for your password which is september - copy and paste it if you need.

If you come back to the FVR Forums and PM me and I should be able to give you help on the fly.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I run 7zip for rar files so maybe thats the issue,

Has worked fine for rf1 for the last 6 years

Will try and catch you on FVR

6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Well 7zip should do it, extract the first file only and use password and it should be straightforward.

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Great Mod & thank you! I am also having freezing/crashing issues such as Max D mentioned. It seems when I load a particular car setup it goes mental when clicking race. Never had any crashing issues in rF2.

Cant wait for the 2013 model. I'm hoping some energy is invested into the cockpit cabin.

Cheers again.

8. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I do remember that some users had issues with setups that had been created in Build 240, that caused issues when run in Build 298/300. Not sure what was causing it, but will investigate.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks for your patience Flash, a change to Winrar sorted it out?? Ive never had this issue before but a friend has.

Now to cut some laps

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Good news

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

In case I haven't told you flash. Tx for this mod. Its my fav and introduced me to a great group of aussies over at SLR. Tx again.

12. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Yeah I have some weird issues with RAR files and opening them in different programs :) ...... computer voodoo :)

13. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I am having the CTD problem also when I click "Race" loads fine, but as soon as I click Race, game freezes for a few seconds, then CTD. Any solutions?

14. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

With any particular car, or with all cars

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I get it on both Ford & Holden. Mine doesn't CTD but it goes mental and my wheel has a fit. Build 300.

16. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I have not tried EVERY car, but I tried both Ford, and Holden, with the same result. Do I have to use specific tracks with this mod?

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

There are 3rd party tracks that cause problems with some cars (ISI cars and 3rd party cars)
    Several DTM tracks interfered with the GP79 mod, another track (unknown to me) messed up the Howston car for at least one person who posted, and apparently now there is another mod (this one) having problems with certain 3rd party tracks.

At one time I couldn't run the GP79 mod until I deleted the DTM tracks, I do run the V8 Supercars 2012 with no problem and I don't have problems with the new car from ISI that was released. Is it all of the DTM tracks? I doubt it , but it is at least one of them and there may be conversions also.

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Mine throws a spaz on ISI Portugal.

19. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I haven't had any conflicts with this mod and any others, but one thing I did notice is that the steering is super heavy. I normally run between 0.65 and 0.85 ffb multiplier on all cars, but with this one I have to drop it down all the way to 0.40 or 0.35. Even with the ffb that low, the steering still feels really... 'tight' maybe? Don't know how to properly explain it, but it feels like the cars have no power steering and the ffb is constantly clipping. Plus, the wheel shakes back and forth until I start moving.

Other than that, I really do like this mod. The cars drive really well and they certainly look really nice, so I can live with the tight steering. I hope the FVR team decides to release the planned 2013 version to the public, as it should end up being one of the best mods out there. I also appreciate you making this one available as you did, that was a cool move.

20. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Ok, if I use the FRV8 server mod instead of all cars all tracks, it works...