V8 Supercars 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I would love to sign up and I am happy to introduce myself on the forums, but I am getting a 404 message. I am eager to play this, it is great to see Aussie content coming to rFactor 2.

2. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I have PM'ed you

3. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks a lot! Awesome mod :D

4. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Do we have to be an Aussie to get this mod? :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

in a word: No!

6. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Then its my fault not to be able to find the download link...

7. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

We have been having site issues the last few days, but the forums are back up and running, and if you go to the main FVR page, we still seem to be having some issues with that but if you read through the information there then you should have all the information that you need to find the mod :)

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Site issues rectified now - thank goodness. You don't have to register in the forums to get access to the files.

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Flash, few things to report/ask:

1) the VMod points to the old version of Mores.

2) I get a CTD when i click the Race button (tried in All Cars & Tracks, two times alone on track with two different Falcon, at Portugal)
    Just to be sure my All Cars & Tracks is working i tried just after to load The Nissan 370Z, again @ Portugal, having not CTD.

The error log, in Control panel--->Event Viewer says rFactor2.exe module caused the error ... i know, it is not helpful. :)
    No error windows just after the crash (not gMotor error, no runtime error etc)

3) if i understand, the mod is not yet public, but, seen PWD and rfcmp are actually public for the forum readers, can i post the link in the italian sub-forum, in the Tracks and Mods list thread?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7771-Lista-delle-piste-e-delle-mod-disponibili

Any hint about the possible reason of the CTD?
    Car detail level may be? I use High detal, and the graphics card is a ATI HD4870 with the most recent driver (13.1).

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Interesting find Max, we've not had that issue reported at our forum sites from any of our users as yet regarding the crash. We will investigate this urgently. You have updated to V0.301 I trust. Could you try a Holden as well and see if it happens. If it doesn't could you let me know which Falcon's. As they all have team cockpits this could be the issue if you have picked a car that may have had an issue. Although I thought we fixed that in the patch.

The old vmod, surprisingly painful system with the new rFactor2, try to make it easier and every update mucks it up. Oh well it was supposed to be helpful for offline new users but it appears that system is frightfully annoying, but it does stop server mismatches I guess.:rolleyes:

We're in the process of updating the mod at the end of the month hopefully.

We'd prefer that the files not be posted at ISI forums until further notice thanks.

Kind Regards

11. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, i installed the full v0.28 + the 161k v0.28-v0301 update.

I will try with an Holden in few hours.

Also, i can retry with some different Ford to see if my CTD happens with all the Ford veh.

12. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

That would be great thanks Max.

13. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Flash, i tried just now several combos, always alone on track, at Limerock and Brianza.

1) two different Holden, CTD

2) a new Ford, CTD

3) no HDR, no FXAA, CTD

4) min graphics detail, CTD

5) max graphics detail, CTD

6) tried imperial, tried no arms/no wheel, CTD.

All the CTD happen when i click the Race button, ie the car loads without gMotor issues.

What i cant try is the load of the physics thread, since the crashes happen just at the moment i click Race and i cant go on track.

It is the first car, since the first install of rF2, giving me such issue.

Well, i have CTD also in he SCE mod, but because a gMotor error, probably because i have to use medium/high graphics detail instead than Full or High.

Yesterday i ordered a new machine, my current PC is very old, so it is not a problem for me, ie i guess that with the new machine i will able to run the mod without crashes and, if i am the only one having those CTD, you can disregard my report, but my theory, after the tests, is that something in the physics goes to disturb aged CPU (i currently have a E6600 at stock speed) :)

14. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

BTW, may be things are simpler than expected?

I mean, i dowloaded yesterday the vehicle cmp found in your forum + the small update, but where the mod keeps the sounds?

May i am simply missing the sounds?

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

No Max the sounds are part of the mod just not in the ISI location, this way they are part of the mod and not a shared resource. A few people that have pulled it apart have said the same but we have had over a 500 downloads and no one has experienced a sound issue. Well no complaints as yet. Anyway the mod would work without the sound. What you got off the forum + small update is the same files that everyone else has been getting. Just to be sure you downloaded 4 mod files and 1 update file. The mod file is 337mb

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, a file in 4 parts weighting 337,448 KB, plus the small update weighting 161 KB.

17. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Our feedback:

It lacks better graphics, similar to rfactor 1 (specially some logos on skins with low res and driver arms, etc) but physics are nice tho (wich are way much more important than graphics).
    Work on graphics and you will deploy a nice mod to community.
    Thanks for this :cool:

[​IMG]

18. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

As is written in the readme this mod was not finished and will never be finished and why we only released at our site. It was to give people something to drive while we worked on the new 2013 mod which has new models and new graphics. Drivers arms were not complete and the animation is from an ISI car. The reason we don't release it here is because as we said it was not a finished mod an apart from a minor patch that's it I'm afraid, as for the rF1 graphics, the cars are a 2048x2048 template so rF1 and rF2 will be exactly the same. That's just my poor mapping skills that you see there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  19. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Thanks for explaining. Makes sense. Good luck on 2013.

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Finaly able to get aroound to trying to get this mod sorted :(

Its probably just me but what a mess downloading this mod ??? Password incorrect , unable to complete down load,..etc etc