V8 Supercars 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Just for a example ATM considering you'll need sports channels right now there's a 6 month deal going that includes sports for a monthly cost of $49 Aus a month for the first 6 months. On the 7'th month this increases to $74 Aus a month. Plus you also have connection fee's, With Foxtel iQ or MyStar equipment cost of $75 Aus. Install is free.

This is for ONE TV only. It was a extra $20 per TV a few years back. It's more then likely up to 25 or 30 now.

There's no such thing as a cheap deal with these people. $74+ is far from cheap. I'm sure there's a lot of people saying $74 a month isn't much but consider all the other things you pay a monthly payment for! Homes, cars, Internet, Insurances. eg, eg. Then you need to live. Food, Power, Water, Gas......

$74 a month for 7 or 8 rounds of the V8's? Really??

2. nipzon

nipzon Registered

What 74 f$:$ dollars a month! Forget that.

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

They will be showing 1 hr highlights of the Foxtel races on free to air after the Foxtel airing, so its not all bad and sometimes 1 hr is all you need to see the action.

" - Six major events – the Clipsal 500 Adelaide, Townsville 500, Wilson Security Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the Gold Coast 600 and the Sydney 500 – live on TEN and simulcast in High Definition on FOX SPORTS.
    - Every practice, ARMOR ALL Qualifying session, ARMOR ALL Top Ten Shootout and race live, in High Definition and ad-break free (excluding Bathurst) on FOX SPORTS.
    - Highlights program including every race, Sundays at 4pm, on TEN, one hour highlights packages on ONE in prime time on Saturdays and Sundays at 8.30pm, and on TEN on Saturdays and Sundays at 11.30pm.
    "

From here
    http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/...e-details-of-2015-2020-media-rights-agreement

4. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

At the moment you can access Foxtel through an Xbox 360 with Foxtel Play for about $50 a month to get a basic package and Foxsports. I have heard rumours that Foxtel will be offering cheaper deals, as well as moving in to internet access (with probably free access to the V8s on the internet much as Bigpond did when they handled the internet coverage)

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I could say the same about that stupid Football we get 10 games a week of, every week! 10 minutes of highlights would be more then enough wouldn't you agree? No? So why is it ok for motorsport fans? We get a weekend a month (4 weeks) if you average it out.

An hour of highlights is what V8Xtra is. So every off round thats not on free TV we get V8Extra a month. Love to see football go down that road.

None of which are my home races. And before you say it, Home races are still 400+ km away. So yeah, just down the road. The last time we made that trip it cost over $600 for the 3 days two nights. That going halves on fuel and somewhere to stay.

The point is though, V8Supercars did this and say it's to get "more" eyes on screens!
    Just like Foxtel and Game of Thrones google it, you get the reference,.

6. FatCity

FatCity Registered

All I was saying was that its not the complete turn over to Foxtel, that there was still a free to air coverage of the other races, albeit, a shortened coverage I,ll grant you but coverage.
    I really don't see the football analogy, if you don't like it don't watch it.

Oh and by the way, I have watched all 4 seasons of game of Thrones and I don't have Foxtel.............................................Google it!

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Oh Oh..............I shouldn't have said that..............wait for it.................................................

8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

haha... that's the point. Exactly why I made mention of it. Foxtel have just signed up to hold the total and complete rights to it in Aus and wonder why 1.5 million in the first 12 hour and up to 7 million in Aus have downloaded the the season final alone.

I've bought the seasons, so for $39 is far off what Foxtel want per month. And the money goes to the producers, not some greedy third party. Well most of it.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just do what I do....download every qually and race ;)

10. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Australia has always been a limited audience in terms of population, but I am sure that if they offered a cheap way of watching the V8s (and other stuff) then people would use it (whether it came from Foxtel or some other organisation). I think they need to realise that in this day and age they need new business practices to give people what they want, rather than forcing you to get 75 channels that you never watch and only 2 that you do :)

11. Raikku

Raikku Registered

Is there proper trackpack of Aus-tracks yet for rF2?

12. coops

coops Banned

fvr v8s new build 407 out now .

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

sweet thx

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Ooo, interesting. Got a link?

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Goto FVRFACTOR.com

16. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Been there, done that :) I only see 401.

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Kripes! I thought I downloaded 407... it was 401. aarrggghh. Oh well yesterday wasn't too good anyway, just par.

18. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

At the moment the 0.470 build is just for internal release and testing :) (sorry for the misunderstanding ...... stay tuned)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  19. coops

coops Banned

sry dbens1 for posting info

20. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

No worries :)