v1132 in Betas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simonk, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

@Coutie or any other devs that can help. v1132 was the last RF2 version before the major AI update last year. Can you please have it put back in Betas so we can choose to roll back if we're finding the current version too frustrating or finding it incompatible with some older mods. I'm sure there are enough of us that would appreciate it to make it worth while.

bears and ManfredK2_new like this.
  2. Pales

Pales Registered

Out of interest, what issue are you experiencing that results in you having to rollback to a previous build? The AI changes changed the game considerably, to the point where it went from being not playable to playable for offline. The changes were a huge W.

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

It's been proven by others and it's my own experience that the AI have far less ability to detect the player since v1133 was released. There are some car/track combinations where this isn't an issue and the racing is fantastic but there are plenty of car/track combos where the frequency of being hit by an AI is just unrealistic.

PedroJ, JEmilio and bears like this.
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't think we put specific builds on there, just the last one. Not sure what the deal with the 1125 and those is though.

5. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Same as LMU I don't see the harm having a AI build for offline if that is what others and myself want.

PedroJ likes this.
  6. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

there is a v1132 in the beta tab now but in-game it shows as v1133.

7. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I just checked it out and it’s not v1132. Looks to be an early version of 1133 when they first did their major AI update. I’m glad we didn’t get left with that version haha! All sorts of crazy AI behaviour in that one! Thanks to whoever attempted to upload v1132. Hopefully they’ll see this message and upload the correct one.

ManfredK2_new likes this.
  8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

The bad news is, either get used to it or move to LMU. They don't have the resources to support rFactor 2 together with LMU.

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

@Simonk I put an older build on now, let me know if it's ok.

Corti and elgagon like this.
  10. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

The newest upload is also v1133.

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

third time lucky?

pkelly and Corti like this.
  12. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

great, you are a champion. v1132 is back :) Thank you so much

SharD and pkelly like this.
  13. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Thanks heaps Alex! Very much appreciated.

14. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

Simonk, could you tell me if in version 1132 the AI behaves better?

15. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Not necessarily. Depends on what car and track you're using. I race in a group of four of us and run weekly races with AI. Mostly GT3 and some historic stuff. Last week we did a 1 hour Nurburgring 24h and it was fantastic. The AI were great to race against and none of us got bashed around by them and we had some great believable battles with them. The week before we did 2 x 30 minute sprint races at Misano and it was a disaster. We had to restart a number of times because we couldn't get through the first corner without being slammed into from behind. Then when we finally got a clean opening lap, we all got hit at different times throughout the race at the same corner exit from behind. This is a situation that happens often enough to be annoying at multiple tracks. We set the AI difficulty so that our lap times are in the top half of the field but that means the AI are going to be quicker in some parts of the track and slower in other parts. There are situations, like at this corner exit at Misano, where the AI accelerate out of a corner quicker than what's humanly possible. Under v1132, the AI 99% of the time could see you were there and would back off. Under the current build, most of the time, the AI ignore you and plough straight through you. Not only that, even when they've made contact with you, they still don't detect you and keep their throttle at 100% so I've had situations where I've been turned and the AI car is pushing me sideways down the road until it flips me on my roof. So for us. if we want to continue racing at Misano, we will likely use v1132. The opening lap is a big issue for the current build at many tracks where cars will just pile into any gap possible at each braking zone so you end up five wide trying to negotiate each corner without getting spun around. The aggression level is way higher than even 100% in v1132. The flip side is that the AI are not as racey in v1132 so they end up being too easy to race against which takes away a bit of the realism. The other thing about the current build which is highlighted in the thread "AI Consistency" posted yesterday is that v1133 onwards broke some older mods and the AI are no longer able to drive the cars properly. See the video in the first post. v1132 will allow users to drive those cars again.

16. redapg

redapg Registered

@Simonk That sounds as if there is a Problem with the Misano Track, if you didn't have such Problems on the Nürburgring 24 H Layout, with the same Cars.
    If you want, i can take a look at that Track.
    Just send me the Link to that Track that you use.

17. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Yes, I think it is a problem with the track and the speed numbers at those waypoints. It's a pay track by Andreas so maybe not appropriate unless you coordinate with him or atomed who did the AIW. To be honest, I could probably fix it but it was mentioned to highlight the issue. I've seen the same issue at the exit of the hairpin at OBD Hockenheim, the exit of the first chicane at Monza, multiple corners at Sebring for example. So whilst it's a track issue under the current build, it's not an issue for v1132.

18. redapg

redapg Registered