Util for telemetry; Motec?

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

A few years ago I had (after a LOT of problems) Motec working.
    Now, I want to do that again.......so I see trouble on my path again ;)
    There were some changes I saw sometimes.....

I need it for turbo information for making a F1 2015 mod.
    So; what's the best these days and how to install it?
    I can't find decent (and recent) information; someone knows more about this?

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Lazza has developped a fine plugin, making it work is a breeze if you follow the intructions in his post.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Telemetry-Plugin?p=40746&viewfull=1#post40746

Further more Lazza is very helpful in case of you have any problem.

Cheers.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks mate!
    I thought that one was "the old version".......

Have to ask Lazza though; when the plugins are in their place, the game won't start anymore.....

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I use it since build 384 without any problem, nor any crash. Check that you did correctly install the product in Bin64/Plugins if you use 64 bit version, and MotecPlugin.ini in the Rfactor2 directory.

In MotecPlugin.ini check that the log output directory exists and that you have rights to write in it.

That how mine looks.

// MotecPlugin Parameters file

[MotecPlugin]
    Log dir = "G:\LOG_Motec" // Directory to log to; relative to rFactor root if not absolute (e.g. "C:\Log files\")
    Use class subfolder = 0 // Log to a subfolder equal to the vehicle class; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Logging on = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOn.wav" // Sound file (wav) to play when logging is switched on
    Logging off = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOff.wav" // Logging switched off
    One log built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\OneLogBuilt.wav" // Sound to play when a log file has been built, with more pending
    All logs built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\AllLogsBuilt.wav" // Sound when all pending log data has been built
    Error = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\Error.wav" // Sound when an error occurs
    Idle log cycles = 25000 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when idle (at monitor)
    Duty log cycles = 2500 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when busy (in-car, driving)
    Active on startup = 1 // Sets whether logging is active by default; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Activation key = M // Key to press to (de)activate logging; single character (0-9, A-Z) or key code (eg 0x4D)
    Key modifier = 2 // Modifier to be pressed with activation key; specify ONE of: 0=none, 1=shift, 2=ctrl, 3=alt
    Realtime building = 1 // Whether to start building logs while still in-car; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Use local timezone = 1 // Converts the log time to your local timezone (otherwise uses UTC); 0 = no, 1 = yes

[Channels]
    Data rate = 0 // Telemetry capture rate; Enter a value from -2 (useful minimums) to 2 (100Hz all channels)
    Extra tyre temps = 1 // Log tyre carcass and inner rubber temperatures (Build 660); 0 = off, 1 = on
    Inputs mode = 3 // Log unfiltered or filtered controls input; 1 = unfiltered, 2 = filtered, 3 = both
    Aerodynamics = 1 // Log rF2s extra aero info (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear rideheights; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Contact patch = 1 // Tyre contact patch channels (ground and patch velocities); 0 = off, 1 = on
    Engine info = 0 // Extra engine channels, incl. torque and boost values; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Vehicle info = 1 // Various vehicle status channels, plus vehicle pitch/roll/orientation; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Tyre info = 1 // Extra tyre/wheel channels; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Weather = 0 // Extra weather info (cloud/rain/wetness/wind - most not currently active or are obsolete in rF2); 0 = off, 1 = on

Cheers.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, I'm going to look into that again!
    I thought the whole pack should be installed in the bin64. Atleast; thats what it said in the posting from Lazza.
    In "plugins" sounds better, although my pedal plugin is not in there either. Anyway, I'll try that.
    Also the ini file apart from that, wasn't in the post from Lazza too, so I didn't know it.

Have something to do; I let you know.
    Thanks again mate!

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nope.......I did do it correctly. Well, manually because the rar file wouldn't install in the rF2 folder.
    I put it where it should go, but (as in the description) the netcommsomething file wasn't there. I looked for it, but it's nowhere on my system?

Anyway, I installed into this and the system hangs; I get the launcher, the black screen with the rF2 logo and after that it gets stuck.

[​IMG]

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

May be I am not running the last version of the plugin, but that is my instalation detailed:

In Bin64/Plugins I have a folder MotecPlugin (where all the .wav are stored), and two dlls, MotecPlugin.dll and MotecPlugin_64.dll
    In Rfactor 2 I have the file MotecPlugin.ini
    I use Motec I2 Pro 1.03.0106, and all is fine.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for all your help. I tried it, but am afraid I have to ask Lazza now; I did it the same as you said.
    Thanks again!!

9. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Did you verify whether in the ini file "active on startup" is set to one?

Try pressing STRG-M as well. Make sure that the wave files are stored in the right directory as well (standard is relativ path based ob rF2 root directory.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

As I read it; the ini file is made after you ran rF2 once; I can't run it (so also the ctrl-M option doesn't apply) and there is no ini file in the package.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you grab the blank .ini as described in the first post in that thread?

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nope, did not do that......
    I thought it was only for UAC users (and I don't even know what UAC is).

But I will do that now, thanks!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You also didn't read the first part of the post that says to ignore the readme file... the post doesn't mention the netcommutil file at all :)

*Yeah, I'm being funny now... I mean, that is true, but it's all a bit confusing. I might make a new .zip so it's slightly more straightforward... when the next version is done it should do all this automatically, but the plugin itself isn't currently set up for it...

** In a way I like it not being easy... people have to work out how to get it running in the first place, so people who can't will just give up or ask me hundreds of questions, rather than easily installing it then running to the motec forum and asking how to do this or that with rFactor... don't do that by the way lol

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nono, I did read that :)
    But as it "didn't work" I tried other things and saw the read me being from 2014 and your opening post (just the post, not your alterations, I should have noticed that) from 2012; I thought I'd better look at that.
    Also in the opening post, you write about another .dll file; for me they're all the same ;)

I understand to not run to the Motec forum, haha! :)

But; got it working now! Thanks mate!!

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Whew!

Now the real fun begins... lol

Enjoy! :D

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Now the real fun? Really? How so?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Setting up i2Pro to your liking and then actually analysing the data :)

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, that you mean! :)

Well, I'm a scrutineer in the Dutch subdivision of the FIA, working with- and for FIA sometimes too. This happens outside my day job off course, but I spend weekends -sometimes all over the world- on tracks, checking the race cars.
    Most of my work is........checking the data :) So I'm not so afraid for that.
    I worked with a similar program most of the times and so setting it up is a bit of looking around, but the main things are pretty much the same.
    Analyzing the data is easy ;)