Using rfactor 2 mod mode with encrypted MAS and AI cars

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dosequis56, Feb 14, 2023.

1. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

I have hit this issue when using rfactor 2 mod mode with an encrypted vehicle physics MAS file. Basically, I want to take an existing vehicle mod and use it to create new AI lines for a track and verify that the AI runs good consistent laps, can pass, can pit etc. in a race. The problem is, I can only use the encrypted cars with NO AI in the session, so I really can't verify any behavior with the AI without packaging the track and trying in regular rfactor 2 launch. Is this a known issue? I obviously can test the AI with a non-encrypted car set but I personally find that different vehicle mods run very different with AI lines due to speed, traction etc. I used this technique to come up with some very good AI behavior for F1 cars at a difficult track like Monaco. Now I am trying to do this with Stock Cars 2018 and it is a no-go. Even if I load the track without AI and try to do 'add AI', rfactor hangs right there. Thanks.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you search the Forum, before you opened this Thread?
    There are a few Threads about it already and the Status is, that it currently is not possible to use DLC Cars in DevMode.
    But a lot of us hope that it will be possible one Day. ;)

Reiche likes this.
  3. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

I did find those threads. But what surprised me was that I am able to load the cars with just the human driver, so I was thinking maybe it was fixed and I am missing something. But I will move on from it and come up with plan B.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@dosequis56 You could load and drive a DLC Car in DevMode?
    Or did i understood it wrong?
    If yes, all DLC Cars or just 1 of them?

5. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

The player car loads and I can drive it. The minute I load an AI car, it just spins. NOTE: this is with Stock Cars 2018 but have tried another too and it seems to have the same behavior.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

Stock Car 2018 is no DLC.

7. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Ok. So not sure what the difference is. This was a league modified version for RETRO cars but the base encrypted MAS was SC2018X. So my question remains the same, why does the car load for the human and spin when loading an AI.

Reiche likes this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

You have a private Message.

Reiche likes this.