USF2k vs Nissan GT500 tires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jan 22, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have AVOIDED the 2k mod, I don't know why, reviews were good, users were happy, but I haven't done open wheel anything in years, so today was my first drive in the USF2000 car.
    I have been putting more laps on the GT500 Nissan. I really have only two gripes about the GT500, the interior sound seems slightly off(perhaps a lack of reverb I'm starting to hear from other cars) and the tires feel ready to slide sideways without trying to grip first.
    This became more apparent after driving the USF2k, a lighter, downforce car but most likely with much smaller tires. Driving the 2k I felt the tires hold the road and resist my input forces. The tires would give up if overdrove a corner but I don't get that feedback from the GT500. Am I feeling the downforce aid the 2k? the lack of weight? Both cars are supposed to have the latest tire tech for rF2, so what is the difference twixt the two? I think I would enjoy the GT500 lots more if I had a similar feel from the road that I get with the USF2000.

2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

USF2000 and GT500 probably feels very different from each other in real life too. Both have lates tire tech but the tires themselves are very different.

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Have you messed around with car setup at all? I for one felt the gt500 too stiff for my tastes. Maybe try softening it up and lowering the camber a bit?