USF2000 Teams

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by nickbalti, Dec 2, 2016.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Hi all. I am creating a little league for myself and a few friends. We want to run the USF2000 and I am trying to remove some of the AI cars from the Teams MAS file but when I try open it says Unknown MAS Key. I know this means it's locked but is there any workaround??

I am not trying to edit the car, just the Teams MAS :)

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You don't need to unpack/edit the teams.mas to add skins and use them online.

Quote from @MaD_King

Hello all, Kloche indicated me some league have trouble to create Virtual Ride, so I put here a manual way to make them with an example on the ES mod / Oreca03 Nissan

1/ Where are put the Virtual Rides
    So, the virtual ride you create are set in the the UserData\player\Settings\ of you game.
    For each mod, there is a folder created that correspond to the component name.
    For the Endurance Series, it's ER_ESrF2
    So your virtual rides will be in this folder for the ES mod: UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2

2/ Select and prepare from existing car in the mod
    Each time you want to create virtual ride, you need to create a folder and a file.rcd corresponding.
    We will take an example for an Oreca03 car.
    A virtual ride, is a custom car based on an existing car in the mod/game.

So first step, is to choose in game the car you want to start from because you virtual ride will inherit default part from this one (color of rims, tire brands, ...) .
    To found all the car available in the mod, got to Installed\Vehicles\ER_ESrF2\1.00\
    We are working on an Oreca03, so I will uncompress the ESP2_ORECA03_TEAM.mas (in a temporary directory) with the Mas2.exe tool (found it here Support\Tools\ )
    All the *TEAM.mas are not encrypted and can be extracted to check the important information to do skins.

Now you have all the .veh for the Oreca03. A .veh is the description of a car in the mod.
    I make a search in file of the information seen in game, like the name of the Team: 14WEC SMP Racing #27
    I found that is the file: ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH

Now I'm able to create manually my Virtual Ride based on ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH.

3/ Doing my own Virtual Ride

3.1/ Doing the .rcd file
    So a Virtual Ride start with a .rcd file.

The content of a .rcd is:

Code:
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
    EnduSeries
    {
    ESP2_ORECA03_441
    {
    Team = HL Racing
    Component = ER_ESrF2
    Skin = ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas
    VehFile = ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH
    Description = PRIVATE - #441 HL Racing
    Number = 441
    }
    }

The description of the fields is:
    ESP2_ORECA03_441 => Technically, it's Driver name and name of the associated folder where the skin is for the .rcd (On our online league, we use unique technical name based on unique numbers)
    Team => The name of the team you want to get in game
    Component => The name of the component (mod) you use to apply the virtual ride
    Skin => The name of skin.dds or skin.mas (see after for details)
    VehFile => The name of the .veh used in reference from the mod
    Description => The name you want to see in game when selecting a car
    Number => The number of the car (that will be use in game)

3.2/ Doing the skin .mas file
    Now to complete the virtual ride , we need a folder containing the skin in addition of the .rcd
    So we will put the skin into a folder named ESP2_ORECA03_441 to be compliant with our .rcd informations

A skin can be a stand alone .dds, but for the Endurance Series shall be in a .mas because for a car there are several parts to compose a whole car.
    To know the names of these parts, open the ESP2_ORECA03_144027.VEH and read the comments, you see:
    Extra0="EXTRABODY"
    Extra1="CHASSIS"
    Extra2="STIKERS"
    Extra3="EXTRABODY2"
    Extra4="EXTRABODY2"
    Extra5="RIMS"
    Extra6="HELMET"
    Extra7="CHASSIS"
    Extra8="RIMSBLACK"

This indicates for example, if you want to make a skin, you have to pain the body, and the extrabody and the extrabody2.
    Som whant also to customize the helment and the driver suit, each lead to get a .dds file, then all have to be in a single .mas

So, I prepare my skin like this:
    ESP2_ORECA03_441.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441EXTRABODY.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441EXTRABODY2.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441HELMET.dds
    ESP2_ORECA03_441DRIVER.dds

Then I put these files in ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas with Mas2.exe

3.3/ What I need to get at the end
    So now you are able to test you skin in game, you must have in your directories:
    UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2\ESP2_ORECA03_441.rcd
    UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2\ESP2_ORECA03_441\ESP2_ORECA03_441.mas

4/ Testing my Virtual Ride
    Got to the mod, and you will see an additionnal team named: PRIVATE - #441 HL Racing
    [​IMG]
    You will see it using the Tuning button
    [​IMG]

Hope this help you. This can be applied to any mod.
    If you have questions don't hesitate