User folder disappeared

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Cuchulain, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

Has anyone else had this happen? I was racing offline on rFactor2 the day before yesterday. Completed a race. Everything fine. Then yesterday I start rFactor2 and find that my user is gone, most of the cars and tracks are gone from the game menu. I looked in the User Data folder and my user folder is gone! I have checked the recycle bin and used Recuva to search for a deleted folder, but no luck. I have made sure that Explorer is not hiding the folder. When I enter the game, my user name is still there at the top but all other information, such as records are missing. Most mods and tracks are missing from the game, though they are still present in the rFactor2 folder. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Using search entire driver using explorer or
    I would look look if did not accidently move to any folder around (like log or replays folders)

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Right click rFactor 2 in your Steam library and select Properties.
    Select Local Files tab.
    Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.

4. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

Thank you for your ideas. I had already performed the Steam integrity check. It found some problem files and fixed them, but alas my original player folder has not returned. I performed a full computer search for the folder and nothing was found. Also just randomly looked in many nearby folders to see if it got moved. Very strange. Thought I had backup in place, but I found it wasn't backing up those particular folders. My bad. Looks like I'll have to re-install so I can create a new player.

Louis likes this.