Used to be an open platform

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chuckyeager, May 11, 2019.

1. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Hi, i've not played rfactor 2 for a while, i realise that some mods aren't made to be tweaked and thats really a boring thing ! The GT3 are great but something is wrong in the cockpit.ini files i think.
    After tayloring many, really a lot of different variables to get the most in all tracks all conditions i realised that it wasn't spa track the problem preventing me from a smooth steady 60 fps, its just a small tweak in a file that was and still is for some mod available : probably lodmultiplier in cockpit.ini !
    I can not believe it is hidden ? is it a top secret receipe from a very advanced technology ?
    Come on !!! at least make the mas file where those files stand open in order to correct over the top uneccessary high LOD preventing us to play without having to buy another planet...

i remember the packaging system was sold to us explaining it was meant to prevent cheating and it has the benefit of tweaking without messing all without the possiblity to get back the initial configuration, well a simple backup can do that... And now the reality is it was meant to degrade the capacity to adapt, taylor this great sim to our hardware which is really a great shame !!! a sabotage !

i've got a smooth steady 60 fps at a track known to be hard on ... hardware in the heavy rain with 34 cars but... only in the hood cam & with 3 mirrors, i've got 30 fps in cockpit despite a position very close to windscreen, without interior wheels and arms and even disabling the rain effect on the windscreen, no mirror etc.... it should be the same easely 60 smooth something is wrong, simple to fix and i can't !

Raintyre, UsedMomo, Ned52 and 2 others like this.
  2. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

The parameters that "made" it on my old gtx 970 :

visible cars : from 12 to 9, can be a little low (cars popup but quite fast) at race start but after its ok, the AI don't fully use the width of tracks, can be tweaked in aiw file i think.
    Other vehicule details : low (for poorely optimized mod like GT3 for example) but still good with full texture in player json file :eek:verride texture detail to 3
    player details : full
    Textures : full , but with tweaks in nvidia settings : texture filtering to "high performance" all anisotropic optimization on (i think there are 3)
    Vsync : adaptive with asr smoothing or something like that plus triple buffering on
    max framerate in player Json to 61, my screen is limited to 60 hz.

Antialiasing to 4 in config.ini, as good if not better than 3 and better performance
    Aniso to 8x seems good enough, maybe can ramp up now that i found a better "sweet spot" with my trial and error multifactorial & manual (painfull especially with loading times that are pretty long...) performance and quality optimization.

Last edited: May 11, 2019