Used tire option

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Dobbie, Aug 3, 2016.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Have you tested if that actually works ? Say from an online race, final laps of a stint ?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Resume From Replay is for Offline races, unsure if the AI can take over if you're resuming an Online race might be worth a look perhaps.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well, then there we have the main difference, offline/online. Online, the server would (also) have to confirm the validity of each used tyre (for each car).

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think that's nearly exactly a use that was flagged when it was first introduced.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Can you elaborate, Lazza ? I don't really understand what you mean.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah perhaps I can't remember myself.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the linked thread an interesting conversation took place.

Apparently you get cold tires and brakes after a replay but tire wear being reset is not being addressed for the good or the bad.

Some other comments regarding saving replays to memory or hard drive to avoid stuttering are interesting as well but for other purposes.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....sume-from-replay-build-880.46505/#post-868966

WiZPER likes this.
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There is option in multiplayer.JSON. Yes AI can take over if that option is not disabled.

MarcG likes this.
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

But this option is for drivers disconnecting. There is no resume from replay option for multiplayer which might not be a bad idea for Endurance races.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Unfortunately sometimes the AI will take over despite server settings set to not allow it, happens in driver swap AFAIK

You mean restarting a multiplayer race where it stopped? There is a plugin for that made by Marcell himself, hopefully it will be added to the base game in near future. Restarting from the menu and at the lap we wanted would be very good in case of server crash
    You can get a replay from an online race and resume it offline tho, if that's what you mean, the AI will drive the other cars. Don't know about their tire status

SPASKIS likes this.
  11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So it happens also if this line is edited this way?
    "Allow Hotswaps":0,
    "Allow Hotswaps#":"0=drivers can only change at pitstops using the pit menu, 1=Drivers can switch at anytime with the Driver Hotswap key",

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@WiZPER I was replying in the context of your question, which I'm pretty sure was regarding resuming a race offline? Reading again I can see MarcG was then moving toward resuming a race online. Sorry about that, I just meant offline.

WiZPER likes this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yes, watch any endurance race stream you'll see it happening from time to time (usually someone will report in the stream chat if this is happening). I'm not sure if this happens in every race, but the chances are bigger with more swaps

Ari Antero likes this.
  14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

People shouldn't use Hotswap, but proper driver swaps. There is a procedure which works 99% of the time during my past 9 years of endurance, but it need to be followed 100% by both drivers, and ofcause internet connection has to be solid. Often the exiting driver forgets to "passenger select" (out of the car) before he exits the server - that will/can cause ID-issues when he connects again for the next swap, or another driver is trying to swap in - and then you risk that the AI will take over instead.