Used tire option

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Dobbie, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hello,

for us drivers who take part on endurance races @P1-Gaming, where we have to do a lot of setup working, i wish me an option to select the waste of the tires. Maybe nearby the option for tire pressure in garage menu it should be possible to set tire wear to X percent to make experience how wasted tires work, without driving lap after lap to came to the percentage you want to test...

Best regards,

Dobbie

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Or just some way to save worn tires for re-use.

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

+1

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The % tyre wear is just a representation, an average of sorts I would guess. You could have two 10% worn tyres with very different wear patterns and effects on handling, so setting a percentage wouldn't make much sense or be much use for setup work.

But, obviously some sort of tyre set tracking, and maybe being able to load/save in some scenarios, would be cool. And then tyre limited sets. And qualifying tyre wear optionally going through to the race. Etc.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As of Build 1028 Resume From Replay saves "General tire wear" so the basics of saving tire wear are there now, which is a good sign as this Wish has been requested a few times before so hopefully it's in the pipeline.

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I have exactly the same feeling.
    Same goes for driver swap too !

9. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Yeah this is something the community is asking for some time, i hope something is to be done in this area since this is one of the most important things to manage in real life races, for simulations it´s also very important and could give something extra to online leagues! Hope something is in the pipeline.... Let´s hope.....

10. stonec

stonec Registered

The point of rF2 is that it's dynamic and not everything should be predictable, like in real world. Creating a slider for tire wear sounds more like an aid to me and shouldn't thus be allowed. I have never seen any sim with such a feature. Storing used tires is a different thing of course, though it would need much space to save all states for multiple compounds.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

I think that's a wishful stretch of logic. Just because no other sim has done it before is a silly reason to avoid doing so. After all, the other dynamic features like realroad (save profile for re-use at any stage, adjustable rate from fixed to very rapid) and weather (set temperature, set cloud cover, set rain & adjust random rain) already can be adjusted and saved, so why not tires? Storage of realroad is probably just as much data, if not more, as the tire state for multiple compounds would be.

12. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I think it´s enough to store the degradation per unit in first place, at least we should be able to reuse used tires, no need to have all features of the variables that RF2 has.

- Limit of tires sets per wenkend (not difficult to implement)
    - Store used tires (only degradation variable)

Those 2 are feasible for sure!!

13. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

In my opinion it is not the question in which way it is possible to use tires in non-new conditions. It is even important to get the option, in which way ever. It´s not the problem to waste tires in some test laps. But if you want to test some setup you can´t test the tires by the way. You wait for the point where you say this is the moment where the tires were almost dead and you would have changed some details on setup since many rounds. Great, if you can go into pit and choose some old tires, or even some values you give the tires.

14. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Yes! Tire degradation slider to test setup and simulate reused or used tires, thats should do the trick!!

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Blatant bounce for this much requested (over the years) feature seeing as Reiza are bring this to AMS.

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

rF2 tyres are, as I understand it, "too advanced" and simply saving their current status is not as simple, also it could open a can of worms in regards to mem-hacks.

17. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

It must exist in some form already because tire changes aren't compulsory during driver swaps. So it must be stored, sent, and loaded during that process if you don't change tires.

Ernie and demerzel like this.
  18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It's a very simplified method, but yes it's there, true. I'm not even sure if flatspot are transfered at this point ? Transfering limited data is still less critical, regarding fear of mem-hack abuse, than caching them locally in a file.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tire Wear data is also saved for 'Resume From Replay' so the basis is there (somewhere!) to store Tire Wear for a Race Weekend, even if it was basic say without Flat Spots it would be a huge step forward to making a Race Weekend feel that more Real just as what Reiza are doing.

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In addition, set a limit of how many tyres you can have over an event. Stops people whacking on a set of brand new tyres every time they make a mistake in practice.